• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Standing charge from Npower. Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing charge from Npower. Help!

Hello.

Just a question is anyone familiar with Standing charge law.

I have received a bill from Npower asking me to pay 100£ for gas standing charge.
    I occupied a property where gas meter was disconnected by National grid due to safety reasons (gas leaking).

I spoke to Npower: their answer was if meter is in the property you have to pay.
    National grid refers me to Npower for questions.

It is just confusing to pay for something I have never used.
    The gas reading is never changing and no one ever came to visit the gas meter.
    Also I did not receive the letter saying about standing charges as it was introduced in April/May 2013?

Any help is much appreciated.
    I found recently this topic is of wide interest to many people on the net.
    Hope to find an answer.
    Thanks,
    PV
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X