• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

B. Gas prepay meter fiasco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B. Gas prepay meter fiasco

Hi - received my new BG card today from: PPMIP, Siemens Metering Services, Woodyard Lane, Off Lambourne Drive, Wollaton, Nottingham, NG8 1GB. Seems these are the people processing the meter data. See letter from Siemens to Ofgem (bit old now) but talks about the actual costs of prepay admin
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...43828540,d.ZWU

Comment

God, this saga is incredible. I take my hat off to you, gwenlilian, I would have long ago lost it and might be awaiting trial for manslaughter. Have they sent you a letter confirming that you've exhausted their appeal procedure? You need it for ofgen. Meanwhile, get in touch with your MP again, watchdog, "you and yours" on Radio4 and any newspaper ready to listen.

Comment

Hi A: yes there have been times...
        had a long conversation with BG this morning re my old card and old meter having my money on them still and how to get this back, they are sending me another card; that makes 4. Didn't get another response as far as I recall to be a final letter but will check the expanding file. I have made a start on compiling the records, already noticed one bill that says at the top that I am in credit and simultaneously in debit for £850 but the staff member on phone said that her copy of the bill did not show the same details??? (My Anglian Water thread is even more amazing)

Comment

Well, Anglian thread is something else. But with this one well done for going on, keep checking and collating. Their time will come.

Comment

Hi - BG still ongoing I'm afraid - I have left it for now while I pursue the green deal schemes re changing the boiler over and hope to come back to it thereafter. I also still want to pursue the meter reading scheme guys, Siemens I think, re their data collection etc. Have not used my gas much thank goodness it is not winter and I want to sort this before the next cold weather arrives, BG seem to assume all is sorted but I know they have been overcharging me for years, and yes, my day will come.
            thanks

Comment

Hello - updating this thread. I managed to have a new boiler fitted last summer under the Green Deal Scheme, and continued to pursue B.Gas about the account, costs, charges and payments data. I had no resolution on these and finally wrote to them (again) Dec asking to close the account down and take out the meter. I now had electric heating, cooking, hot water etc. No response from them. I paid £20 to the meter, £20 on the account card direct to BG and still heard nothing. Last week got a letter saying that I had not been making top ups. Yes, that's true I don't want their gas. Just checked the meter so I can write back and have a statement of account etc, and see that the meter is dead. ?? Maybe they did close it but the gas seems to be on still so don't what is going on here. Have had no response from my payments direct either, so think I will write again tomorrow and try to get the bills, rates etc.

Comment

Do you have one of the buttonA button B meters . If So ther is a method for scrolling through the different menues and one of those wil show you how much you are being charged for the debt and i believe another will show the cost of gas.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X