• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas - Pre-pay a/c in credit £600?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas - Pre-pay a/c in credit £600?

HI THERE EVERYONE,

RE: BRITISH GAS [GAS & ELECTRIC PREPAY METERS] - MY DILEMMA

I have been reading all the info posted relating to those of us with pre-pays being overcharged, re gas and electric.
    My situation though, slightly different to requesting 'charging fairness' from a Gas/Elec Supplier - as all I want, is for British Gas to give me back all the money I have obviously overpaid in recent years, via pre-pay meter.

I originally had my Electricity pre-payment meter installed, owing to an unpaid debt. I have a meter for my Gas & Electricity - British Gas being my provider for both.

Approx 1 year ago, I received a Electricity/Gas Statement from British Gas and I found that my account was in credit, to the sum of approx £600. I gather this would have accumulated over a period of time, as my original debt has cleared but my meter not recalibrated, so therefore continues to collect debt via meter - which has now accumulated to a tidy little sum!

Initially I wrote and emailed British Gas about this, requesting a refund. I received a letter/acknowledgement from them and they had asked me to contact their customer services, with a full meter reading in order for the matter to be sorted out / proceed. I promptly complied with their request and basically, have heard nothing since!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a 'formal complaint' letter and posted Rec Del to them - giving them 10 days to refund my money, or I would be forced to take further/legal action against them.
    It has now been approx 12 working days since my letter was sent and I have not had any response at all from British Gas? PLEASE HELP ADVISE, MY NEXT COURSE OF ACTION OR ANY SUGGESTIONS /ADVICE. IT REALLY IS AWFUL HOW THEY DO NOT GIVE BACK WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS, YET IF THE SHOE WERE ON THE OTHER FOOT????????????? ............................................

Re: British Gas - Pre-pay a/c in credit £600?

these are the steps to follow according to their website for prepay customers

Step 1

Call us on 0800 072 8633 and we will do all we can to resolve your issue straight away.

Step 2

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled, please contact us online at www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints or by post Complaints Management Team, British Gas, PO Box 3054, Eastbourne, BN21 9FD.
    Step 3

If we are unable to resolve your complaint contact Matthew Bateman, Managing Director Pay As You Go Energy by post: British Gas, PO Box 3054, Eastbourne, BN21 9FD, by phone: 0800 107 0184 or via email: payasyougocomplaints@britishgas.co.uk.

I would ring the MD as it states.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X