• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harmony and British Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony and British Gas

Hi. I Have just joined LB firstly hello to everyone don't know if i'm doing this right but I am having a really tough time with British gas.
    My son and his wife and family moved into a 2 bedroom house 2yrs ago.
    The landlord had installed gas heating prior to my son moving in.
    MY son repeatedly asked for a bill to be sent to him about 5 times or more.
    My son and his wife are both deaf and he e.mail them, but no reply.
    in june this year I phoned them and they ask me to read meter which i did and told the man on phone he said that can't be right we'll send someone to read it.
    my son recieved a bill for £600 which i had to phone again and make arrangements for him to pay which he's been doing then he got a threatening letter for £1962 so last week Phoned BG again nice man said we'll investigate this don't worry he'll only need to pay what he can afford.
    So today urgent notice you have to pay £207 today or else we'll enter your home cut you off take you to court etc.
    So i phone again explain about last week conversation withBG lady says i'm not saying your telling lies but whoever you spoke to never put any notes on computer.
    She tells me Bill is £2911 i argue she say she speak to supervisor who then says they'll take 10% off and offer me to get him a prepayment meter ,wait on hold about 30mins then meter man says amount £3227? can't remember exact now i'm in total shock.
    Oh I forgot lady said they'd not recieved any payments for 3month then meterman told me phone billing again I did next lady said yes the payments were there. i'm so sick I can't trust them. then phone back to meterman but it was a girl who said she'd need to check all this out and she'd phone me back then she ask me to go read the meter at my sons house and she'd phone back again which she did i gave her meter reading and thats the end for today cos never phoned back.
    I feel it's a shame cos British gas never sent him any bills she said today they did but maybe are lost in post. but don't you think if they had they would have sent reminders or threatening letters before now.my son has 3 small kids eldest is 5yrs. I don't know how to deal with this properly. I don't know if he has any rights.and what about the payments he's been making since june about £600 plus he paid them £100 today. what does that come off of. thanks for being there I'm so worried.

Re: British Gas

Not sure if this will be any use but feel free to use anything if it is.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9635

Comment

Re: British Gas

Thank you Tanzarelli, I had a look at your link and it'll take me more time to digest it all. At least it'll give me some idea of how to tackle this. Or at least to see if I have a case to fight for. I'll let you know next episode i get the feeling there'll be a few.

Comment

Re: Harmony and British Gas

Energywatch is now combined with others to form "Consumer focus". I would say this is a bad thing, but as energywatch were neither use nor ornament to me, I really can't see how these people could be any worse.

You need to call consumerdirect if you want to make a complaint.

I would also request BG's complaints procedure as it sounds as if their "trained" advisors do not have a clue what is going on.

Alternatively, your son and D-I-L could send a SAR with the £10 fee to find out exactly what is going on.

Comment

Also have a read here Consumer Focus
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly View Post
            Energywatch is now combined with others to form "Consumer focus". I would say this is a bad thing, but as energywatch were neither use nor ornament to me, I really can't see how these people could be any worse.

I would also request BG's complaints procedure as it sounds as if their "trained" advisors do not have a clue what is going on.

Alternatively, your son and D-I-L could send a SAR with the £10 fee to find out exactly what is going on.
            Thank you jelly That's exactly how it felt, no-one that i spoke to had a clue but what got me was everyone of them (around 6different ones ) had a different amount they said he owed. I'll try the complaint route. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly View Post

I beg to differ about Energywatch as when I used them first for British Gas, BG jumped when they were contacted by EW. I ended up getting compo from them also. Only about £80 (if I remember rightly) in total but £80 is £80. EW had some clout in my opinion and did an ok job. I cant see this new group dong as well as its more genralised.

Comment

thanks tools i really appreciate any help or advice or points in any direction it's like being lost in a maze

Comment

My son recieved a letter from BG today titled "your bill from scottish gas " I know i refered to them as BG think there the same . This is first in 2yrs. Says sorry for the delay... Huh!.. in sending your gas bill. you should receive it shortly. When it arrives you'll notice it covers a longer period than usual. (oh! yes so it is) because of the delay in sending your bill you'll be pleased to learn that were not charging you for energy used over a year ago. But remember thats just part of your usage. you still need to pay for gas you used during last 12month. what to do- pay now!! then next letter is THE BILL same day for £2167.78. I finished on the phone last night at around 8pm and these letter and bill arrive this morning. some service!. My husband has been checking the units and charges and yes there are mistakes still feel this is too high. but on we go, with your advice and suggestions i'm grateful for the support on this site. thank you all.

Comment

Keep a record of all the calls and the duration and also any postage costs as these are all tangable (if thats how its spelt) costs.

Comment

ok will do Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TANZARELLI View Post
                        Keep a record of all the calls and the duration and also any postage costs as these are all tangable (if thats how its spelt) costs.
                        Or Tanzable
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X