• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas

Have been disputing my account with them for about 18mnths, they have now put defults on my credit rating, Wrote to them asking for defults to be removed, proper bills to be sent for the period of time I am disputing, all they ever gave me was the amount I owed no breakdown. A copy of the meter test which they would not give me.

I am happy to pay them when i have the information i need but until then i need to know if they are allowed to enter defults on disputed accounts and if they have to give me the results of the meter test?

I paid them almost 2.5k for 12 months of electric on a 3 bed house and was still left owing them over 500, for 6 months I had no access to my electric account online(paperless billing)

any advice would be appreciated

Anni-bits

Re: British Gas

Have you formally requested the information - ie all the bills and readings by way of a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. That sounds like it would be the best place to start to get all of the information in your possession which you can then try and get sopme idea of what has happened to make your bill so high.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I made a formal request thru the complaints team as I refuse to pay for information that I should of had in the first place, If this does not work i will then make a sar request, the biggest annoyance is that they have entered defualts on disputed accounts, Is this allowed they have known the accounts were in dispute since 2006, they have had several requests for the information required and have always refused to provide it
      anni-bits

Comment

:help:HI

Had a reply from british gas mid week, they say the meter was accurate and that bills will be sent out within 14 days and that they will put a stop on the account for 10 days, Have responded by asking for a copy of the meter test as I am entitled to it and for the defults to be removed, not sure where I stand on that but dont think its fair that they put defults on accounts that they knew were in dispute, if anyone knows the correct laws about these matters I would appreciate some help as am overloaded with issues with the kids atm

Comment

Sorry I dont know the answer - but bumping your question up . I must say the bill seems very high for 12m and I did see a newspaper report yesterday about a man who had to fight for months about his gas bill but did get a refund.

I wil see if I can find the link later
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Can you tell us as well what sort of heating etc you have and roughly the size of your house say in SQM?

there must be someway you could compare with another persons bill to find out what the cost should be.
          Last edited by scoobydoo; 21st October 2008, 11:43:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Not sure if you mean this story Scoobs

Overcharging case settled by npower

I must point out however that this was not a defective meter but incorrect unit billing. It was also nPower and not British Gas.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

yes it was the case

is the poster sure it is a defective meter though ? Or is there a problem with the billing?

British gas are saying the meter is correct.

I think the poster definitely needs what they have asked for - I would ask for a records of bills and readings over say three years to compare usage etc
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X