• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

edf energy back bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: edf energy back bill

definately contact the Ombudsman.

Take a photo of the new meter to prove they have no way of proving the meter reading on transfer, if there is a physical yellow sticker on the meter include this as proof the meter was faulty.

Go equipt with all the readings, send in copy bills and the new provider bills showing a regular and consistant usage and say you can see no reason why your bills have increased 4 fold other than a faulty meter, or EDF reading the wrong meter entirely which is not your fault!

Once the Ombudsman case is logged, contact EDF out of courtesy and provide them with the Case number, this will also prevent any debt collection activity in the meantime. If they are willing to wipe £250 off the bill there has to be an issue or a mistake they are trying to cover up!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Quick update, got call from edf today, we refused £250 refund. Pointed out previous meter useage and fired some figures out and the fact my step daughter had been ignored in my opinion. Was told the complaint would be passed on to a manager again and would by told by letter or phone.
      To be honest think we will be going the ombudsman route as mentioned in previous posts by slainte caragh and again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
      Thank you to amethyst for correcting my bodged post.

Comment

so i am up dating whats going on with edf.
        we have recieved no further commucation with edf.
        so have made a complaint though the ombudsman service.

Comment

Hi.
          Here is a update of edf complaint.
          Just received a call from edf saying that they are going use the 4.43 useage figure to calculate, so the of bill nearly of £550 is been amended and my step daughter will get a £13 refund. Seems contacting ombudmens service seems to have done the trick.
          So now we have to the same with the new supplier.

I would to say a really really big thankyou to slainte caragh for your time in helping me because without it i would never of got my head round the maths.
          Again thankyou.
          Last edited by pabs; 6th December 2017, 16:53:PM.

Comment

delighted for you and a pleasure to have been of service!
            PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X