• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warning, Nothing to do with bank charges!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning, Nothing to do with bank charges!

I have just read this elsewhere,
    Subject: FW: SECURITY WARNING please read - DONT FLASH YOUR CAR LIGHTS

BEWARE

SecurityWarning-

We have received a warning from the London Ambulance Service of activities in their area. Whilst the below behaviour is not common place in our area I have spoken with Greater Manchester Police and their risk assessment of the action is to circulate it as a potential' The London Ambulance service have units closely associated with the Police based in South London who are basically Fighting Gang Crimes.

The 'street gangs' in London (particularly South London at present, but it is sure to spread) have initiation tasks which new gang members have to carry out to be admitted to the 'gang'. The latest craze is to drive around, deliberately with no lights on their cars. The first person who 'flashes' them, points at them or sounds their horn at them, has to be followed by that new gang member in their car, who then has to fire a shot into that vehicle with no regard as to who is inside.

Our official instruction is that if we see a vehicle with no lights on, we are NOT to 'flash' it etc. and the advice to friends and family is that you should ignore any vehicles you see without lights.

I would ask that you pass this info on to all your family, friends and colleagues and who knows, it may save a life.

I don't know if it's for real, but I do think it's worth taking notice.
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Warning, Nothing to do with bank charges!

Sorry Its another one of the Hoxes out there

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/flash-lights-myth.html

Some London residents have become the latest to be caught out by an aging urban legend that claims drivers are in danger from gang members participating in a violent initiation ritual. The legend, which spreads via word of mouth, fax and email, warns drivers that if they see a car driving without headlights after dark, they should not signal the car's driver in any way. According to the hoax, a new gang member is driving the car operating without lights as part of an initiation ceremony. Supposedly, those who signal the driver will be followed and shot at by the "gang member" to complete the "initiation".

Police have reassured the public that no such crimes have currently been reported in London. The hoax began circulating via email and fax back in 1993 and may have originated from even earlier stories involving motorcycle gangs. It was also given new life by the 1998 film "Urban Legend" which featured the initiation ritual described.

While incidents resembling the one described in the hoax have actually occurred, they are thought to be copycat crimes inspired by the legend itself. Bogus warnings such as this one should be deleted rather than forwarded. Indeed, such messages are far from harmless. They can waste the valuable time of police staff who have to field endless enquires about such spurious claims. They can spread unnecessary fear and alarm within a community. At worst, they may encourage criminals to act out the myth in real life.

Over the years, there have been a number of versions of the hoax.

Comment

ahh I love these things
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If we flashed our lights at all of the morons who drive round lightless round our way there'd be no-one left for them to shoot at, there's so many of em lol. Does that make sense? No, I thought not.
        Is no longer here

Comment

hehe ya gotta love these hoaxes .... be afraid...... be very afraid mwuhahhaha

sounds like something out of an american street crime program ....... remember! next time it could be you..... good night
          pmsl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X