• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

alexander v British Passport Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alexander v British Passport Services

To send letter only able to find Deer Park Rd London, are they still operating out of there think emails come from Manchester

Comment

Their current registered office is 12 Deer Park Road but they actually operate from:

Suite 11
      8 Deer Park Road
      Zeal House Wimbledon
      London
      SW19 3GY

Comment

Their registered office is 12 Deer Park Rd SW19 3TL do you think its wise to send 1 to each address.

Comment

I think one is sufficient, it'll get to them whichever one you use. You've spent enough money on registered mail with this shower!

Comment

Just received another threat from BPS giving me until 6.00pm tonight to pay up. If I don't paid which I won't, they say I should receive court paper via the post within 3-5 days. If this happens the timing is unfortunate for me because I go on holiday on 1 May until 18 May, could court paper be issued and served within this time line and how long do I get to reply to the court.

Comment

You'll have 14 days (from the date you received the claim) to file the acknowledgement.

Will there be anyone in your household while you're away?

Comment

No, that the problem I will have to try and work something out, don't want miss out on going to court with BPS. What happens if I fail to reply too the court

Comment

Hold on a sec...

Comment

You get a default judgment. You can apply to set it aside but that costs £155. Default judgment isn't automatic so they have to apply for it but they are quite quick off the mark.

You SHOULD be okay if you're back on the 18th, unless they issue in the next two days the court papers will probably be issued 5th May ( as bank holiday) then you have 14 days PLUS service to acknowledge it, 14 days is 19th, but usually couple days extra for service so should be fine.

Otherwise it's getting someone to do it for you if someone is at home or ring you with the claim ref and password to get on MCOL online and acknowledge on the move.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also a lot of people get the 'pay by 6pm or we'll issue a claim' threat only to get others weeks later.

Comment

Got my holiday mail problem solved, a friend is going to keep a check on my mail and if anything arrives from the court they will text me the claim ref and password. Don't won't to miss out now we are winning.

Comment

Excellent You can relax and not spend your holiday worrying about it now xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nice one. As Amethyst said you'd probably have been ok anyway but at least you can relax and have a good time.

Comment

Did you hear anything further from BPS ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Nothing, but I live in hope of having my day in court with them, why should everyone else have all the fun.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X