• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PrincipleoftheMatter vs Everyone's Best Pal - Richard Howard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrincipleoftheMatter vs Everyone's Best Pal - Richard Howard

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my situation.

Essentially, I'm similar to many others. The appointment I was offered was no use to me, as I was unavailable on that date, so I didn't proceed with making the payment. I sorted my passport in the next few days myself via the post office.

I cancelled the appointment over the phone but was advised that I still had to pay. By this point I was aware that it was all a scam. They were horrible over the phone and I told them politely where to go. They phoned once or twice again, sent a few emails which I ignored and went away on holiday - this was back in May-July.

I forgot all about the whole charade until I was contacted again on Christmas Eve insisting that I had until 18:00 to make a payment (yes, Merry Christmas to you too Richard).

Since then there's been a few more letters with further threats which I always took to be idle scare tactics.

The latest letter is a court claim form though.

I've been really busy with work and haven't taken the time I would have liked to fully research what I need to do. I spoke a few weeks ago with Citizens Advice (who weren't all that helpful), read plenty on Which? Martin Lewis, as well as this Forum etc.

Another problem I have is that I'm not at the address that BPS believe I'm at, so I'm getting my mail late.

I've just this evening realised that I'm 1 day over the 14 days that they want to respond to the claim form.

The total that they now claim that I owe is £202.60. that's the initial £117.60, a couple of late fees and a £25 court charge.

Obviously, on principle, I'm loathed to pay out for this - as I literally have nothing to show from the entire experience other than higher blood pressure! However, I do have concerns about having a CCJ against me. I've worked tirelessly in recent years to improve my credit score and I'm hoping to be applying for mortgages soon.

On one hand I'm tempted just to pay it off and get them out of my life, but I can't let this horrible little rat get his own way!

Any direct advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Yours, running out of time,

Alan.
    Tags: None

Re: Alan Roberts vs Everyone's Best Pal - Richard Howard

If you can, try logging in to moneyclaim.gov.uk and acknowledge the claim, if it lets you you might be okay, otherwise it'll be a case of calling the court in the morning and explaining an that you want to acknowledge to defend in full. You do get five days for service so you could be okay. If you can do it online you want to tick ''intend to defend in full'' - That's a priority for the moment xx and welcome to LB... when I saw your username on the online list earlier I did have an inkling you might have a issue with BPS, for many it is the principle not the money.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Alan Roberts vs Everyone's Best Pal - Richard Howard

How did you get on with the acknowledgement [MENTION=62405]PrincipleOfTheMatter[/MENTION] ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X