• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Example emails sent by Copycat / third party / unofficial websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example emails sent by Copycat / third party / unofficial websites

Reply-To: complaints@britishpassportservices.org.uk

The system advises me that the £117.60 has not been received. I have no choice now but to pass your details onto the Overdue Invoices Team who will begin the collections process.
    At this point I would highly recommend that you visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (address: http://citizensadvice.org.uk/) or speak with a solicitor regarding this matter so that you can gain clarity on your consumer rights and responsibilities. Please provide them with a copy of your signed contract and receipt both of which can be found below.

Your Unpaid Invoice & Signed Contact can be found at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As I have some time tomorrow morning what I'll do for you is contact the XXXXX Citizens Advice Bureau on your behalf explaining the situation and request that they review this matter and then provide you with practical consumer advice on how best to resolve this matter as well as advising you what your consumer rights and responsibilities are.

This advice will come from an impartial, government backed consumer body not from an agent or our or an affiliated company. If you would not like me to request this free consumer advice for you just let me know. I would however suggest that if you are not looking to take advice from the CAB then you take advice from somewhere i.e. a solicitor as you do have responsibilities as a consumer when entering a contract.

You can rest assured that should the agent from the Citizens Advice Bureau reply showing evidence that we are in violation of any UK or EU consumer law or that we have breached the contract which means we are lawfully not permitted to enforce the contract we shall immediately investigate their accusation which if proven to be correct will result in the payment request being dropped against you and lead to you receiving a formal apology from the chairman of our company.

You can pay at any time by visiting: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards
    Arthur Orin
    British Passport Services
    Support Department
    Tel: 0203 701 2916
    Fax: 0203 0120 254
    E-mail: complaints@britishpassportservices.org.uk
    Web:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Example emails sent by Copycat / third party / unofficial websites

Good Evening Mr xxxxx

It was decided based on a 4 to 1 vote in today's committee meeting that the only enforcement method of securing the £139.10 fee still due on your account is to issue Court Proceedings against you should the 14 day payment window expire without us receiving the funds from you.

Once the window has expired I have been instructed by the committee to open a UK Services & Support Ltd vs Mr xxxxxxxxxx Court case where by we shall be claiming the £139.10 fee, reimbursement of the £25.00 Court Case fee and interest at the rate of 8.0% per annum as permitted by the Courts & Tribunal Service of England.

Details of the Court Case Number, what documentation you need to file with the court and the hearing date where by a Judge will determine which party is legally in the wrong will be sent to you directly by the Courts in the post. With that being said I shall email you with the details of the case so that you have the maximum amount of time to seek advice, prepare a Defense or complete the admission form admitting that the £139.10 is due.

A draft of our Claim has been sent in the post to you. It would be appreciated if you would reply using the FREE-POST envelope that we have included for you as we are still keen to resolve this matter without the assistance of the Courts if at all possible.

Please accept this email as part of our "Pre-Action Conduct" required by the Ministry of Justice before a Claimant can issue proceedings against a Defendant. We consider that the emails, text messages and phone calls made to you along with these Pre-Action Conduct emails sent over the last seven days as providing you with more than enough time and notice to clear the balance of your account.
    Our company policy on settling matters that have come to this point are as follows...

Settling Before Court Case has Been Opened - If you pay us the £139.10 before the 14 day period expires you will ONLY need to pay the £139.10 fee. You will not need to pay the £25 fee incurred for opening the case nor will we charge you the 8% interest that the Courts permit on monies that are overdue. Pay NOW via any of seven payment methods: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Settling After Court Case has Been Opened - As opening the Court Case incurs a fee of £25.00 from that point on we will be claiming for at least £139.10 + £25.00 to cover our costs. The benefit of settling before Trial is that if full payment is received we can apply to the court to "Strike Out" our claim. This means the claim will be removed from the Court Registrar and because no Court Judgement (CCJ in England) has been entered by a District Judge it will not affect your credit score. Settling at this stage will cost you more as we require full reimbursement for the Court fee's incurred to date on this claim.

Court Judgement Secured (CCJ) - If this matter continues all the way to Trial we will be requesting Judgement for the full £139.10 plus interest at 8% per year plus full reimbursement of the Court fee's incurred to date (by this stage there will be more Court fee's then the initial £25 incurred to open the case, as there is a fee for filling an Allocation Questionnaire and payment towards the Trial itself) as well as requesting payment to be made immediately. If a Court Judgement is registered against you it will appear on your Credit Report and may affect your ability to secure credit.
    If you are still not interested in settling this matter then you do not need to take any action at this stage and it would be highly recommended to secure free advice from the Cheltenham Citizens Advice Bureau (here>>) or contact your solicitors for professional advice on your consumer rights and responsibilities.

Your contract, receipt and a breakdown of your Overdue Invoice Charges atxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you would like to settle your account before irreversible additional fee's are added to your account tomorrow then you can pay us by any of the following seven payment methods at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards
    Charles Mercer
    Collections Department
    Tel: 0161 663 0072
    Web: http://www.britishpassportservices.co.uk

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

As you are clearly refusing to make payment for the work we have done for you I can confirm that a Compliance Team meeting has been scheduled at 1:30pm on December 12, 2014 where one of the items on the agenda is to make a decision on whether to Court Proceedings should be issued against you to recover the £117.60 should payment not be received within the FINAL 14 day payment window that we are required to provide as part of our formal Pre-Action Conduct.

Please note that Overdue Invoice Charges will now be added to your account (rates agreed in the contract: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx )

The agent assigned to your account Sam Harris will be attending and submitting evidence of the work done on your account to the four members of the compliance team in attendance. Each member will be given a copy of the notes that have been archived on your account. This includes a full list of the phone calls you have had with our company and the emails which you have exchanged with our agents.

Right of Reply - Should you have any further comments or documentation that you would like the committee to be aware of please forward these to us no later then 5:00pm on December 11, 2014 so that it can be reviewed and copies can be made for those attending. In addition to this if you would like to participate in this meeting via a conference call we can arrange for the facility for you to do this. Either you or your solicitor will be given a telephone number with a unique 5 digit pin number that will allow you to attend from your office or phone. In addition to this a copy of the minutes spoken at the meeting will also be available 3 days later should you require them.

Obviously the primary document which will presented to the committee will be the contract signed by yourself, containing your computers I.P. address XXXXXX and guarantee that payment will be made to us within 72hrs.

You can find your signed contract, receipt and breakdown of charges added to your account at: XXXXXXX

The agenda of the meeting has been set as follows...

12/12/2014 Meeting

First 5 Minutes - Welcome & Introduction by the Chair person of the meeting
      10 Minutes - Sam Harris presentation on the work done on the xxxxxx account & efforts made to recover the fee (Clerk - please hand out copies of the contract to participants)
      20 Minutes - Open discussion about the merits of pursuing the xxxxxx debt
      15 Minutes - Open discussion on which recovery method to use (i.e. outsource to debt collector, issue Court Proceedings etc)
      5 Minutes - Vote by show of hands on which action to take. (Clerk - inform the Legal Department of the committees decision)
      30 Minutes - Meeting to adjourn for 30 minute break after which the second item on the agenda is to be discussed

It is not a requirement that you attend this meeting via telephone or forward any further details of why you are not paying us for the work that we have done however you have the option to attend if you wish. Services performed for you...

Your Unpaid Invoice: XXXXX

Pre-Action Conduct - As required by the Courts of England we are obliged to provide you with notice before issuing a Court Case and so although we have not yet made a decision about the next step of enforcing the debt that you owe us please accept this email as part of our "Pre-Action Conduct" (whats this?) providing you with formal notice that we are considering issuing Court proceedings to recover the £117.60 from you. As stated since the beginning of our communication with you we remain keen to resolve this matter in an amicable manner however we have been unsuccessful in doing so. Should you change your mind then we welcome a settlement without the need to issue proceedings at any time.

You can make a payment at any time at: XXXXX

I shall advise you via text message and email of the decision of the committee by the end of December 12, 2014

Kind Regards
      Arthur Orin
      Support Department
      Tel: 0203 701 2916
      Web:
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

To Whom this may concern,

I am from British Passport Service collection department regarding an outstanding debt of £117.60 which is required for our services.
        Unfortunately you required our services on placing an appointment at the Majesty's Passport Office which we did for you, If we have to continuously contact you to obtain this fee there will be further fees added on to the current amount which you owe of £117.60, it also can result in further stages of action which is coming to visit you in person, Police getting involved, bailiffs sent to your house to collect the fee you owe, your credit rating suffering, taken to court and finally bankruptcy.

If you wish you resolve this matter before it gets serious that would be great and my contact details our located at the bottom of the email.

Kind Regards

Katie Smith

British Passport Services Ltd
        Collections Department

Tel: 0845 652 5480
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dear xxxxxxx

I am working on your request right now.

I just need you to make a payment.

Can you do a bank transfer?

Arthur
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

On xx xxxx 2014, at xxxx, "Payment Central" <collections@paymentcentral.org.uk> wrote:

To Whom this may concern,

I am from British Passport Service collection department regarding an outstanding debt of £117.60 which is required for our services.
            Unfortunately you required our services on placing an appointment at the Majesty's Passport Office which we did for you, If we have to continuously contact you to obtain this fee there will be further fees added on to the current amount which you owe of £117.60, it also can result in further stages of action which is coming to visit you in person, Police getting involved, bailiffs sent to your house to collect the fee you owe, your credit rating suffering, taken to court and finally bankruptcy.

If you wish you resolve this matter before it gets serious that would be great and my contact details our located at the bottom of the email.

Kind Regards

Katie Smith

British Passport Services Ltd
            Collections Department
            Last edited by Amethyst; 25th February 2015, 17:28:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X