• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
    That had occurred to me too. Additionally it's misleading as it could imply that somehow the BBC endorses his outfit when in fact it's the opposite.
    Last edited by EXC; 28th September 2015, 14:40:PM.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

You can complain to the BBC media dept about false association. I made complaints to a few newspapers, radio and tv stations about a dodgy pensions 'liberation' website and the associations/endorsements were quite swiftly removed.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Guyys,

Just a quick update, I went to court this afternoon only to be told that my case had been discontinued on 11th of September, would've been nice to be informed of that, but glad that its over and done with.

Thanks for all your support and advice.

Joe

Comment

:tinysmile_twink_t2: Nice one though! you should of had notification by now;-

Comment

Originally posted by bbj690 View Post
            Hi Guyys,

Just a quick update, I went to court this afternoon only to be told that my case had been discontinued on 11th of September, would've been nice to be informed of that, but glad that its over and done with.

Thanks for all your support and advice.

Joe
            So there was no hearing? Shame as you could have asked for your costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              You can complain to the BBC media dept about false association. I made complaints to a few newspapers, radio and tv stations about a dodgy pensions 'liberation' website and the associations/endorsements were quite swiftly removed.
              Sorted.

Comment

No hearing, the court said they had notified me that the case was discontinued, I did not receive anything from them and had tried to contact via telephone, but system was automated and no one answered when you selected speak to somebody option.

Comment

Good news BBJ

And Madrid's case cancelled ( struck off) today so that's it

This nightmare started in November for around 800 people.

Around 50 peeps found us and around 34 of you saw it through to the end, and won ! 23 in court, and 10 were discontinued/struck out before the hearing. (Helmbarrie is still waiting to find out what's happening after having a default judgment set aside)

Shame some dropped out, presumably paid up or let it run to a default judgment, but it is understandable with the stress and worry across nearly a year being quite a burden over a £200 court claim.

WON IN COURT
                  IvanIdea666 .... AlexYates .... Koujar .... AvidUser .... Tyke1601 ..... Magoo .... Dandeogden .... Pagibig ..... Scammed ... cdes9194 ... BugandFudge... Hendrix ... Malcom24 ... Mike2015 .... Windy ... MANDID ..... Rebecca Smith ..... Maude123 ... sbellhog .... peterpiper ... Drin .... StickyIcky ........Amber1

DISCONTINUED/STRUCK OUT
                  Didactosaurus ... 123456 .... QueenofHearts ..... Yokohama.... Lind01 .... Meg123 .... Goli ... Enas ... BBJ690 .... Madrid68

LOST
                  .... NOT A SINGLE ONE

So now it's down to Trading Standards to make their case against Mr Howard..... most of you have given witness statements, and may well give evidence at criminal proceedings next year - I'll leave the VIP section available for any follow up issues. Costs are being held up by the criminal proceedings too, but hopefully those will actually get paid in around a year.

Thanks all, a few sticking up for themselves really does help to protect others in the future.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This nightmare started in November for around 800 people.

Around 50 peeps found us and around 34 of you saw it through to the end, and won ! 23 in court, and 10 were discontinued/struck out before the hearing. (Helmbarrie is still waiting to find out what's happening after having a default judgment set aside)

Shame some dropped out, presumably paid up or let it run to a default judgment, but it is understandable with the stress and worry across nearly a year being quite a burden over a £200 court claim.

WON IN COURT
                    IvanIdea666 .... AlexYates .... Koujar .... AvidUser .... Tyke1601 ..... Magoo .... Dandeogden .... Pagibig ..... Scammed ... cdes9194 ... BugandFudge... Hendrix ... Malcom24 ... Mike2015 .... Windy ... MANDID ..... Rebecca Smith ..... Maude123 ... sbellhog .... peterpiper ... Drin .... StickyIcky ........Amber1

DISCONTINUED/STRUCK OUT
                    Didactosaurus ... 123456 .... QueenofHearts ..... Yokohama.... Lind01 .... Meg123 .... Goli ... Enas ... BBJ690 .... Madrid68

LOST
                    .... NOT A SINGLE ONE

To add to these statistics, this scandal has been covered in the Mail on Sunday 3 times, BBC You & yours twice and more recently BBC Watchdog.

The Advertising Standards Authority upheld their original adjudication against UK Services & Support after Richard Howard's appeal failed to convince them that his BPO website wasn't misleading and ASA are now conducting a sector wide enforcement review using UKS&S as a case study.

This thread has had more than 82,000 hits and the equivalent thread in the Beagles' team forum runs to more than 100 pages, which is testament to the enormous amount of work put in by principally Amethyst in assisting Howard's victims and working with the authorities in hopefully sending him to jail where he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                      Looks like the BBC IP department have had a word.

Here's the before and after.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                        Looks like the BBC IP department have had a word.
                        Imagine that.

Great.

Comment

And that's everyone done now ... http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...384#post582384 .... last one struck out (on the court;s own motion) today

100% success rate.

Shove that in your Pipe Mr Howard.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Shove that in your Pipe Mr Howard.

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

Just by way of an update I can mention...

UKS&S & BPS have changed their postal address to the same as their lovely political party

Unit 673, 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ

Guess what, it's a mailing address.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X