• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GUMTREE scam for Audi A4 - williams.steve07@gmail.com is scammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUMTREE scam for Audi A4 - williams.steve07@gmail.com is scammer

Audi A4 for £3000 for sale and replied to ad via email and then entered into a trail of emails looking for me to send money via ebay as cannot view vehicle which is being held at a barracks in Aberdeen. Delivery only even though I can make journey as live nearby. Advert no longer on gumtree was thee for less than 24hrs. See email trail below. Please be aware of this scammer.........

Emails latest first

Please don't get me wrong but I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the vehicle but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" In this case, I will offer a 5 days period to inspect the car from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money, you can even take it to an independent mechanic for inspection. So if you want to buy my car pls email me your name and shipping address so we can start the transaction ( after i received your info you will have the invoice in few moments )!

Regards,
    Steve Williams

On 12/14/2014 11:45 PM, Ewan Douglas wrote:
    Steve

Did you get my last email - we don't need ebay. You can get cash direct from us in Aberdeen. We can come up tomorrow or Tues?

Lesley

On 14 December 2014 at 20:38, steve williams <williams.steve07@gmail.com> wrote:
    As I said, the vehicle is inside of Gordon Barracks Camp - Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, ready for delivery and the entire shipping process will take around 2 days. The shipping costs are already paid off so you won't have to pay any extra charges for it. You will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy it, so you can check, test and inspect the vehicle.

Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their eBay (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles, which means that they will hold the funds until you receive and inspect the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the eBay agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receiving of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to me only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. After the 5 days inspection period, if the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it you can reject the deal. In this case eBay will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.

If you agree with the price and you are interested to conclude this purchase, please email me back with your full name, delivery address and a phone number where you can be reached, so I can start the transaction with you, as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
    Steve Williams

On 12/14/2014 6:03 PM, Ewan Douglas wrote:
    Steve

There is no need for that. I am going to travel up to Aberdeen with my hubby and pick up car and we can give you the cash there and then. See its out of MOT and we will MOT it up there. We have friends in Aberdeen and so are up there frequently so not a problem.

I see the barracks is on Ellon Rd which is great as we have actually passed there before as our friends stay in Ellon. So I know how to get there.

So when is suitable for you to meet?

Regards
    Lesley

On 14 December 2014 at 16:49, steve williams <williams.steve07@gmail.com> wrote:
    As I said, the vehicle is inside of Gordon Barracks Camp - Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, ready for delivery and the entire shipping process will take around 2 days. The shipping costs are already paid off so you won't have to pay any extra charges for it. You will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy it, so you can check, test and inspect the vehicle.

Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their eBay (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles, which means that they will hold the funds until you receive and inspect the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the eBay agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receiving of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to me only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. After the 5 days inspection period, if the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it you can reject the deal. In this case eBay will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.

If you agree with the price and you are interested to conclude this purchase, please email me back with your full name, delivery address and a phone number where you can be reached, so I can start the transaction with you, as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,
    Steve Williams

On 12/14/2014 10:52 AM, Ewan Douglas wrote:
    Hi Steve

We are interested and do have the cash. We are I Scotland in Tullibody, Alloa, Clackmannashire so not too far away from Aberdeen ie a couple of hours journey. We have cash and yes will buy. When can we exchange cash for car ?

Regards
    Lesley

On 14 December 2014 at 10:01, steve williams <williams.steve07@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my 2008 Audi A4. I am selling it urgently because my brigade will be deployed to Afghanistan. I need to sell it fast, before December 22th, so you can imagine that this is the only reason for selling it so low. It is in perfect condition inside and out, very clean, never involved in any accidents. I can confirm that the vehicle has all the paper works and full service history.
    Nobody smoke inside and I want to sell it to a serious person because I love it so much.
    Mileage: 55,000
    Interior: Leather Black
    Engine: 2.0 TDI
    Transmission: Manual
    Drive Type: FWD
    Fuel Type: Diesel
    MOT: 06 December 2014
    Road TAX: 01 January 2015

The price is same like on the advert £3,000. The vehicle is inside of Gordon Barracks Camp - Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, in a military base, and in case it gets sold I will get it delivered.
    Let me know if you are interested and if you have the money.

Also, I attached more pictures with the car.

Thanks for your interest,
    Steve Williams

On 12/13/2014 2:19 PM, Ewan Douglas wrote:
    Hi

Interested in the Audi for sale - is it still available?

Regards
    Ewan

Tags: None

Re: GUMTREE scam for Audi A4 - williams.steve07@gmail.com is scammer

Yes as you suspect this is a scam. If you are able to play along with them and get their bank account details then I can get it closed down almost instantly. Your help with this would be most appreciated to prevent others less savvy falling victim. Any "invoice" they send to you can you forward it to julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info :okay:
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X