• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another victim of the ebay@uk-inv-ebay.co.uk scam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another victim of the ebay@uk-inv-ebay.co.uk scam!

Hi I have just lost £3500 on a Trike I was bidding on but did not win on eBay. The same story as others i have just read, top bidder pulled out would i like the item at my top bid will arrange to set up eBay payment protection process i stupidly did a bank transfer and bike never appeared.

Ebay Item no: 261472329849
    Description: Yamaha XVS 1100 Custom Trike
    Bike Reg: EU04DGV
    Bidding Closed 10/05/14 11.10am
    Sellers Email : daniel.poriete@hotmail.com
    Sellers Ebay id: 65.porie
    Paid to: Adela-Constant Podarascu
    Barclays
    Account No. 83502341
    Sort Code. 20-93-15
    Ref. VT2CM

I have spoken to my bank lloyds who say its my fault! I have spoken Barclays Bank there not interested! I have reported to my local Police(sussex) they can not do anything because the seller lives outside sussex!. I have reported it to eBay and asked why a domain which is ripping off there customers is still active its not there job! Finally i have reported all the details to Action Fraud, i Guess i got to kiss good buy to £3500. I have attached two photos of the Trike.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Another victim of the ebay@uk-inv-ebay.co.uk scam!

Was this the original listing ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XVS...p2047675.l2557

I can't find the scam listing ( 261472329849 ) - does it show in your bidding history and could you save a pdf copy of the page if it hasn't already been taken down by ebay. ( looks like it has
    Item 261472329849 is no longer available.)

Note for Tools - have sent info to ScamWarners.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 15th May 2014, 07:44:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Was this the original listing ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XVS...p2047675.l2557

I can't find the scam listing ( 261472329849 ) - does it show in your bidding history and could you save a pdf copy of the page if it hasn't already been taken down by ebay. ( looks like it has
      Item 261472329849 is no longer available.)

Note for Tools - have sent info to ScamWarners.
      No sorry soon as informed eBay member 65.porie was suspended and all my bidding history was erased, all i have is a copy oh his emails/scam payment protection email and 9 photos.

Comment

Sorry to hear you have fallen for this, can you please forward all emails you have to julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info

Did Lloyds/Barclays/Action Fraud take down the account number from you?

Did you get a NFRC number from Action Fraud? If so please email that to me too.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Nick

I have all the emails thank you email address is julian dot siddle not dash but I got it anyway

I take it you only made payment on the 13th may? when did you tell the banks?

Get back onto Barclays asap, and do not take no for an answer.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Nic, I have emailed you urgent response needed.

Comment

Hi Julian I have followed your suggestion and been in touch with the BSD team and had a response please see email thanks nick

Comment

Looks like I just got caught by the same scam. Exactly the same mo. I was sceptical at first so sent the 'email invoice' to spoof@ebay.co.uk. I got a response confirming it was ok. Didn't pick up on the fact the response was from the scammer. He must have got wind I was suspicious from the direct email traffic we were having.

Comment

When you say you got a response to sending the email to spoof@ebay.co.uk could you post a copy here ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by jshsasgscs View Post
                    Looks like I just got caught by the same scam. Exactly the same mo. I was sceptical at first so sent the 'email invoice' to spoof@ebay.co.uk. I got a response confirming it was ok. Didn't pick up on the fact the response was from the scammer. He must have got wind I was suspicious from the direct email traffic we were having.
                    How did you send the email? By typing the address or clicking on a link?

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGuru View Post
                      How did you send the email? By typing the address or clicking on a link?
                      I typed in the address to spoof@ebay.co.uk. I'm pretty sure they got it but have subsequently been told they don't reply. Spookily, I got an email fairly quickly after that seemed to answer my concerns (only it turns out it was from the scammmer). I've attached a screen shot.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd November 2014, 19:16:PM.

Comment

OK If you typed the address then the email must have gone to ebay not the scammers and, no they don't reply. If you did get a reply from the bad guys not just a flukily timed new email then you need to worry whether your PC has been compromised. From the sound of it this was just bad timing though!

Comment

Yes it will have been an ill timed entirely unconnected email. Do you have the account number you sent the money to and can you give me a time/date you sent funds please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                            Yes it will have been an ill timed entirely unconnected email. Do you have the account number you sent the money to and can you give me a time/date you sent funds please.
                            Acct 50221740
                            Sort20-70-15
                            Holder Eusebiu Vereanu
                            The payment went on 18th Nov.

Comment

Thank you, can you email me the invoice you were sent to julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X