• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

There was a guy on this mornings BBC News programme saying 'BE MORE CYNICAL'
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      There was a guy on this mornings BBC News programme saying 'BE MORE CYNICAL'
      He can't have met me then. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
        Very good report just been on BBC news about botnets and gozeus virus set...

Basic summary from expert, AV software is usless, and if your on windows your :@#@><ed, and if you want to keep anything safe, unplug your pc from the net.

Nice and refreshing;y honest.
        This you mean.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27681236

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06...ocker_warning/

Comment

Hi nibbler. It was on about them but they had a guest expert on the live news, Crypto locker has been about for a few years, and its not breakable, gozues is a varient of another more modern one. gozues checks its attack servers acsess every week or so, so unless they have been really lucky, it will be operational again soon, a 15k bot net a a serious attack tool...

people from the dark side tend to try take control of bot nets and and use them to crack passwords or encryption, funny people from the dark side try take controll and add them to online shared computational resources.
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Just for fun.....

Why are people worrying about bot nets, i would be more worried about what the people who used to build these things are up to now.

[IMG]file:///media/tecra/8A07-A343/DCIM/100MEDIA/IMAG1281.jpg[/IMG]
            ( see atachments , i can not work out how to upload as pictures )

My daughter made me do it:tinysmile_aha_t:. He can acsess most phones, all routers, smart TVs ( thats fun ), cctv systems, crack most passwords, IHe has voice recognition and speech capabilities ( finally ). GPs, cams, and the latest anarchist toolkits, we have just finnished the IR module ( he can now controll any IR controllable device )..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Crazy council; 3rd June 2014, 16:23:PM.
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

received this from the systems administer.

Good Morning

Over the last couple of days it has been reported by various agencies that we are potentially under threat from 2 new and particularly nasty Malware/Virus products.

The link below offers more information and I would appreciate it if you can take a moment to read the article from the National Crime Agency Website.

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...omputer-attack

Whilst our network is protected from email attack and we all have local Sophos Anti-Virus nobody is ever 100% protected and having seen the damage the “Cryptolocker” virus can do we must all be vigilant as to what we access on Company equipment particularly personal email. Therefore, if you receive ANY EMAIL that looks dubious, offers security updates, or contains attachments that look suspicious EVEN if they are from senders that you know, DO NOT OPEN THEM and let me take a look first. As previously detailed this is particularly prevalent on ant personal email you may access through your company system as this email is NOT scanned by our MailDefender product.

I have been assured by Sophos that providing the local install of your Sophos Anti-Virus is up to date this will provide protection, to check if you are upto date look in the bottom right corner of your screen for the Sophos Icon and make sure there is NOT a red and white cross over it (this indicates it needs updating) if it does again give me a call. (your Sophos Icon will either be a solid blue shield or a blue shield with an “S” in the middle).

Best Regards

May make sense to Tools and co, all Greek to me

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                received this from the systems administer.

Good Morning

Over the last couple of days it has been reported by various agencies that we are potentially under threat from 2 new and particularly nasty Malware/Virus products.

The link below offers more information and I would appreciate it if you can take a moment to read the article from the National Crime Agency Website.

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...omputer-attack

Whilst our network is protected from email attack and we all have local Sophos Anti-Virus nobody is ever 100% protected and having seen the damage the “Cryptolocker” virus can do we must all be vigilant as to what we access on Company equipment particularly personal email. Therefore, if you receive ANY EMAIL that looks dubious, offers security updates, or contains attachments that look suspicious EVEN if they are from senders that you know, DO NOT OPEN THEM and let me take a look first. As previously detailed this is particularly prevalent on ant personal email you may access through your company system as this email is NOT scanned by our MailDefender product.

I have been assured by Sophos that providing the local install of your Sophos Anti-Virus is up to date this will provide protection, to check if you are upto date look in the bottom right corner of your screen for the Sophos Icon and make sure there is NOT a red and white cross over it (this indicates it needs updating) if it does again give me a call. (your Sophos Icon will either be a solid blue shield or a blue shield with an “S” in the middle).

Best Regards

May make sense to Tools and co, all Greek to me
                Just to confirm this isn't a phishing email - see http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...omputer-attack
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                  Just for fun.....

Why are people worrying about bot nets, i would be more worried about what the people who used to build these things are up to now.

My daughter made me do it:tinysmile_aha_t:. He can acsess most phones, all routers, smart TVs ( thats fun ), cctv systems, crack most passwords, IHe has voice recognition and speech capabilities ( finally ). GPs, cams, and the latest anarchist toolkits, we have just finnished the IR module ( he can now controll any IR controllable device )..

Could do wth one of them to build this website
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Latest from Africa: :wof: :wof:

AFCHPR (African Court of Human and People's Right) From the Office of Sophia A. B. Akuffo President & Chief Judge Justice JUSTICE TOWER, ABUJA-NIGERIA.
                    Email: africancourtlaw@admin.in.th

Ref: FMF/SGH/101/231

Date: 2nd June 2014.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY. PAYMENT FILE NUMBER: A

Release/Transfer Notice for your due Funds (US$18,500,000:00).

The Audit / Probe Panel Committee set up by the African Court of Human and People's Right to investigate the activities of the International Remittance Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria has finally cleared you of all the allegations, prone to several failed attempts to claim your fund. All charges have been dropped against you, and your name included in First payment quarter of the physical year 2014 (Ref: FMF/SGH/101/231 & Amount: US$18,500,000:00).

This investigation have been on for over 3 yrs, this is "WHY" you have suffered set backs in your several attempts to receive any part of your fund even though some fraudsters have tapped into payment file, feeding you with false hope and lies. Now you can rest, guaranteed of this payment within 7 days, the report from the committee justifies the urgent need to effect this payment to restore the dignity of this government.The Honorable court, insisted on cancellation of all previous /any pending payment arrangement of any institution/department with you and advice you to send your personal coordinate (Your Full Name, You Contact Address, Direct telephone line (Cell and Land line) to the Monetary service authority, using the information below:

Dr. Williams Stevenson
                    Chairman, Monetary Services Authority (NMSA)
                    24 Independence Ave,Victoria Island, Lagos Cell Number: +(234)812-642-4564
                    Email: msa_finance@manager.in.th

To avoid discrepancy which may cause further delay, please make sure that you send valid information which can be verified from your government. Your file will be treated immediately and submitted for payment which is guaranteed within 7 days.

Yours Sincerely,
                    Justice Sophia A. B. Akuffo.
                    Chief Judge Justice
                    African Court of Human and People's Right

African Court of Human and People's Right (AFCHPR). African Court of Human and People's Right (AFCHPR). African Court of Human and People's Right (AFCHPR).(C) 2014

Comment

URL php IMG
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd June 2014, 23:58:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF).
                        DEPT: WORLD DEBT RECONCILIATION AGENCIES.
                        ADVISE: YOUR OUTSTANDING PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

OUTSTANDING PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Attn: Beneficiary!!

Your Long overdue Payment.

I saw your email ( in the Central Computer among the list of unpaid
                        contractors, inheritance next of kin and lotto beneficiaries that was
                        originated from Africa, Europe, Asia Plus Middle east, Americans )
                        among the list of individuals and companies that your unpaid fund has
                        been located to the (United Trust Bank London.)

Your email appeared among the beneficiaries, who will receive a
                        part-payment of your contractual sum and has been approved already for
                        months. You are requested to get back to me for more direction and
                        instruction on how to receive your fund. However, we received an email
                        from one Mr. Virgle Lee Samples who told us that he is your next of
                        kin and that you died in a car accident last week.

He has also submitted his account for us to transfer the fund to him
                        including his International passport, we want to hear from you before
                        we can make the transfer to confirm if you are dead or not. Please in
                        confirmation that you are still alive, you are advised to reconfirm
                        the below listed information to enable us facilitate an immediate
                        payment for you.

1 Your full names
                        2 Your present contact address.
                        3 Your telephone & Fax numbers.
                        4 Your Occupations/age/sex.
                        5 Your Private Email Address.
                        6 Home Equity (Yes or No)

Once again, I apologize to you on behalf Of IMF (International
                        Monetary Fund) for failure to pay your funds in time, which according
                        to records in the system had been long overdue.

Yours Sincerely,
                        Mr. Rodrigo De Rato.
                        (Director of Operation) IMF.
                        Tel:+4470 31992 6620
                        Email: mrrodrigoderato41@gmail.com
                        :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

...and why would home equity be relevant to a money transfer from the IMF? :noidea:

Comment

Glad you are not dead FP!
                          Had an annoying telepest recently.
                          Either witheld or apparent Manchester code.
                          Something about quilifying for a free boiler.
                          Computerised call that starts before end of message.
                          Tps say nothing they can do as it is a spoof number snd all BT want to do is try and sell me a phone that blocks such calls.
                          Been very persistant at least every day round about the same time, ignore it when I am in.
                          Last edited by dogtired; 4th June 2014, 20:15:PM. Reason: spelling
                          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Ooo lovely I appear to have booked a hotel for myself, must have decided I'd upgrade from a travelodge for once

Thanks! Your reservation is now confirmed.
                            Booking number: 0163685
                            PIN Code: 6287
                            Email: sharon@xxxxxxx
                            Your reservation: 1 night, 1 room
                            Check in: Thursday, June 12, 2014
                            (2:00 pm - 00:00 am)
                            Check out: Friday, June 13, 2014
                            (until 12:00 pm)
                            Superior Double Room $1,799.68
                            VAT (20%) included $449.92
                            Total Price $2,249.60
                            Please note: additional supplements (e.g. extra bed) are not added to this total.
                            The total price shown is the amount you will pay to the property. Booking.com does not charge any reservation, administration or other fees.
                            You can easily change or cancel this booking for free before August 6 - 2013, to cancel or modify your reservation please complete the attached form and fax it to:
                            +1 888 850 3823
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

we want to hear from you before
                              we can make the transfer to confirm if you are dead or not. Please in
                              confirmation that you are still alive,
                              Just read that and it's got me giggling.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Just read that and it's got me giggling.
                                Indeed! msl: msl: msl:

It's a first!

I've not fallen off my perch yet!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X