• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal and Visa Debit Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paypal and Visa Debit Cards

Again, post #8 explained this over a week ago.

This is a charge being levied by NatWest/RBS because not all banks are charging a fee, despite them issuing VISA debit cards.

The answer is to change banks. Only then will NatWest get the message.

Comment

Thanks Cetelco. However, it's so much hassle to change banks, especially if you've got bad credit history and you can't get another bank account.

I've been dealing with the complaints department today, who have advised they can't do anything unless alot of Natwest customers make complaints. Once they've got a number of complaints they can maybe try and fix the solution. I refuse to back down so easily. I advised the complaints team that other banks weren't being charged the fee so they're going to look into that. I apologise now, if the other banks start charging!! However, if they call me back and still can't do anything/refund my money, I will go higher.

Comment

How many complaints do you think they got over £38 bounced cheque and returned DD charges? Did they fix that?

You are flogging a dead horse, but if you must, then here are the details for those to write to, Sir Philip Hampton is the Chairman and Stephen Hester is the Chief Executive. Alternatively, UKFI chief executive is Robin Budenberg.

Unless NatWest believe you are going to close your account, they will do nothing and even if they do believe it, call-centre staff simply do not have the authority to act. If you have time to waste, then it would better spent on finding an alternative bank account because nothing will change at NatWest.

Comment

i bought items on the 11th and 13th of november, paid through paypal with visa debit card issued by LTSB, no additional charges on statement :rockon:

Comment

Hell, perhaps we could work together on this one? PM me a draft and we can send it in both our names if you like, put in something about our research shows that xx xx and xx banks don't charge?
            Is no longer here

Comment

Just a quick update.

Hells and I pooled resources, so to speak, and i sent an email to my contact at NW customer relations, and copied in Stephen Hester. Within 24 hours i had a reply saying it was being looked into. Have heard nothing since, but have just checked my bank statement as I paid for an ebay purchase using paypal last week. The good news is thre is no additional charge on the transaction. This may be pure coincidence, but hey ho.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Don't hold your breath. We have a chargeback dispute between Natwest and paypal, and there have been some rather suspicious goings on between the pair, and this is for thousands of pounds, they are in cahoots with each other so don't let either one kid you, get onto the raise a complaint with both Paypal & Natwest, you will find it Natwest complaints address on the back of your statement do this asap, then after 8 weeks send a letter to the Financial Ombusman Services. If they are doing this to 1 million customers each month, then that's £1 million + profit every month for nothing, don't let them get away with it. There staff are obnoxious arrogant gits, who don't know what they're talking about half the time, but obviously have a script to read from and like the curriculum they get a bit more info and a raised title making them feel even more gracious, pompous idiots - at the end of the day - it's your money so get fighting for it.

complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

watchdog@bbc.co.uk (www.watchdog.co.uk) is full of information of consumer rights.

customercare@paypal.com

resolutions@paypal.com

Paypal Office of Executive Escalations Department ppelce@paypal.com (this is a good one to email)

And Merry Christmas :3560_7606:
                Last edited by jax; 6th December 2009, 15:27:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jax View Post
                  Don't hold your breath. We have a chargeback dispute between Natwest and paypal, and there have been some rather suspicious goings on between the pair, and this is for thousands of pounds, they are in cahoots with each other so don't let either one kid you, get onto the raise a complaint with both Paypal & Natwest, you will find it Natwest complaints address on the back of your statement do this asap, then after 8 weeks send a letter to the Financial Ombusman Services. If they are doing this to 1 million customers each month, then that's £1 million + profit every month for nothing, don't let them get away with it. There staff are obnoxious arrogant gits, who don't know what they're talking about half the time, but obviously have a script to read from and like the curriculum they get a bit more info and a raised title making them feel even more gracious, pompous idiots - at the end of the day - it's your money so get fighting for it.

complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

watchdog@bbc.co.uk (www.watchdog.co.uk) is full of information of consumer rights.

customercare@paypal.com

resolutions@paypal.com

Paypal Office of Executive Escalations Department ppelce@paypal.com (this is a good one to email)

And Merry Christmas :3560_7606:
                  Or just close your account and move it to a bank that has less contempt for their customers...

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                    Or just close your account and move it to a bank that has less contempt for their customers...
                    well we've been through this in Shout haven't we Cet? lol. Can't really close account(s) as no-one else would have me and my overdrafts, and apart from this one issue I am quite happy with Natwest, on the whole. Plus, if I am going to get bank charges, which fingers crossed seem to be almost under control at the moment, I'd rather stick with Natwest as their charges are lower than anyone else's.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X