• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Studio.co.uk unsolicited goods, demand for payment and default registered against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio.co.uk unsolicited goods, demand for payment and default registered against me

A company called studio.co.uk claim I opened an account with them and bought some goods. I did not and they didn’t have my correct email address or phone number when I called them about the phone number they said they for the account was not mine and when I called it, the number was a fake one. I have only been able to speak to staff on the phone who say they cannot do anything about it. Each one gives me different info about why their complaints / fraud dept have not been in touch and why there is no direct number I can call to talk to someone about this. I have cathedral several times and emailed the contact on their website.
    now they have registered a default against me on Experian and Experian say the company say it’s correct and have requested to Experian that I contact them to discuss it! This is now affecting my credit score, my ability to get a mortgage and I am really upset and worried as it seems there is nothing I can do. After looking up studio.co.uk on the Internet I see there are several recent complaints about this company re unsolicited goods and subsequent demands for payment I am beside myself with worry about this default against me. Please can anyone advise me as despite several attempts to speak to their customer servuces complaints dept and fraud investigation dept and promises of them contacting me I have heard nothing from in over 3 weeks and keeps receiving notices about payment and default through
    the post. Would be really grateful for any help with this
    I cannkt understand how with so many complaints that’s are similar about them on the Internet that Experian will not help me and remove the default.
    Tags: None

You mention unsolicited goods in your title, but I can't see mention in your post about if you received anything from them which you had not ordered when the account was opened ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, I did not receive anything. However It was meant to be socks and since I am away a lot my partner opens my mail sometimes and said he remembers some socks arriving addressed to me but since they were nowhere near my size he wondered if they were for him. He put them somewhere meaning to ask me about it but then forgot about it and now we can’t find them although he didn’t throw them out he says. They cannot have been worth very much but the bill is now around 29 pounds due to all the charges they have put on the account which I never opened or ordered anything related to it. My understanding in any case is that unsolicited goods do not have to be returned and can be considered a gift, not that we want them, we just don’t know where they are. Thanks

Comment

Okay and you’ve tried to speak with Studio about this since first receiving a bill for the socks but they’ve refused to talk to you due to your not passing security ? ( because whoever made the order with your details got some wrong )

have you you had any communication in writing with them / made a formal complaint ?

Do you know if they did put a block on the account when you contacted them ? ( meaning that further orders ( to other addresses ) couldn’t be made )

Im not sure the socks would be classed as unsolicited so far as the consumer rights act goes...I know you didn’t solicit them but they were solicited ... probably I’m over thinking that one though.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X