• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey National Phishing Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey National Phishing Scam

My hubby received this to day, I have only copied it as I did'nt want him to send the actual email to me. But whilst they say it was from Abbey, it was signed by NATWEST - how funny!!

Be on your guard - beware of fraudsters!

Dear Abbey National customer,

Like other UK banks, we are currently seeing very large numbers of "phishing emails" in circulation. Many of these look as if they are from Abbey National, typically encouraging you to click a link and type in your logon details. Such attempted frauds only work if you click that link, and you then type in your full security details & contact information.
    Please remember: We never ask you to enter your Credit Card information & contact information on the Internet or over the phone. To learn how to protect yourself against "phishing" and other "identity theft" please spend a few minutes to upgrade to our latest security.

Click here to help us fight fraud!

Best regards.

NatWest Bank Security Department Team.
    * Please do not reply to this e-mail *
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Abbey National Bank plc and Abbey National Bank Scotland plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and signatories to the Banking Codes. FSA authorisation can be checked on the FSA’s Register at: www.fsa.gov.uk/register. Abbey National Bank plc and Abbey National Bank Scotland plc are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service. Abbey National Bank Group plc.
    | Abbey National Bank© 2008 |

Re: Abbey National Phishing Scam

lol, v funny

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X