• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Changing solicitor during personal injury claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing solicitor during personal injury claim

attatchment 1

- - - Updated - - -

attach 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Funding agreement might cover the situation ?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Funding agreement might cover the situation ?
        CFA is the funding agreement
        DISCLAIMER: ANY CONTENT I POST IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTION FOR LEGAL ADVICE. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OF MY POSTS NOR DO I ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY. USE OF ANY CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST AND I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY. YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO Law Society's Find A Solicitor OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Comment

Just took a look at the CFA, standard model template based on the Law Society's. Whilst it does not refer to any transfer of law firm it does mention that you must pay them their fees, disbursements etc. albeit if you win.

I suppose the rest of the terms could be held under the Client Care Letter - do you remember this being the only documents you first received? Last time I was there, they sent out a pack which contained request for personal info for money laundering checks, a client care letter, funding agreement and a few other things.

Even in the Client Care Letter, there is unlikely to be anything in there to say you can't move solicitors but if you do move you will probably have to pay their fees unless you can agree with the new firm that their fees will be paid if successful by way of undertaking. Solicitors are always reluctant to give an undertaking unless they have a high chance of winning.

Either way, if you want to leave then I suppose you could but I believe there was a term somewhere which said if you decide not to pursue it further without good reason then they can recover their fees from you that they have worked on to date.
          DISCLAIMER: ANY CONTENT I POST IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTION FOR LEGAL ADVICE. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OF MY POSTS NOR DO I ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY. USE OF ANY CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST AND I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY. YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO Law Society's Find A Solicitor OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Comment

Getting injured in an accident can hamper your job as well as your ability to be financially independent. Injured in an accident? Then personal injury loans will help you in getting back up and paying your bills. Regardless of if it is school supplies or rent, car payment and so on, a personal injury loan will aid you in clearing them off. You are also allowed to spend the funds as you desire and there is no clause involved.
            Bridgepoint financial loans are professionals to handle these matters.
            It differs in various states so it is crucial you carry out research and have a clear understanding from your attorney before you apply for personal injury loans.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X