• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accident management company issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident management company issues

Hi everyone, I had an accident RTA two years ago, I was hit by another car from behind while I was stationary anyway I was given a hire car from the amc till my car was ready to be collected anyway the amc asking for bank statements from me
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Carman6 View Post
    Hi everyone, I had an accident RTA two years ago, I was hit by another car from behind while I was stationary anyway I was given a hire car from the amc till my car was ready to be collected anyway the amc asking for bank statements from me
    Why are they asking for bank statements?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

They say to prove that I couldn't afford to rent a car out of my own pocket in the end I went on a forum and there were people on there saying that they had to give bank statements an then finally it got resolved so i gave them the statements they asked for but now they also want wage slips I wished I never went to them in the first place now, they were a recommendation from a friend said they were good so I thought I was doing the right thing but it's turned into a nightmare the person who hit me has as far as I know not answered to her insurance company so mine an there Solicitors are battling it out but I am the victim here surely this can't be right can it

Comment

Can you tell us which claims company?

There is a lot of difference between a "courtesy" car and a "hire" car.
        I suspect you were issued with a hire car that has been leased by the accident management company.
        Somewhere along the line, without realising it, you have probably signed a credit agreement which makes you liable for the hire charges if the third party insurers refuse to pay.
        They may refuse as the hire charges could be excessive: or not for a similar vehicle to your damaged one.
        There could be a dispute between the insurers

You are correct.
        It is not right, but unfortunately it is how things are at the moment

Comment

Oh what a predicament well thanks for the advice I am a private hire driver so it had to be a licenced for hire car will i have to go to court as it is scheduled for October and do I have to provide them with wage slips

Comment

Without knowing more about the case it is difficult to be specific, but often these cases are settled out of court as neither side wants the costs.
            Brinkmanship plays a part

I assume the third party insurers are asking for proof that you mitigated your losses as much as was reasonably possible.
            The car you had supplied to you was probably a credit hire, with inflated charges.
            The argument is that if you could have hired a vehicle yourself, the charges would have been much lower, so that is what should have happened.
            If you did not have the hire money available, or earn sufficient to pay for it , until the insurance paid up the insurers will meet the cost.
            If you are shown to have had the cash available and wouldn't have been inconvenienced by the temporary loss of a few hundred pounds it could be argued that you didn't do enough to mitigate your loss, and the insurers would then only meet a portion of the hire cost and not pay the full bill.
            It will be for the credit hire company to pay the balance and you would only end up liable if you'd mislead the hire company about your circumstances, or if you breached the terms of your agreement with them... for example by not providing them with the evidence they need to support the claim.

Comment

Thank you for your advice as I have been a bit concerned that I will be liable for all the hire costs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X