• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blackhorse miss sold pesonal loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse miss sold pesonal loan

Hi just wondering can anyone assist or have had similar issue:

I purchased a hp car after 6 months and faults i returned the car and wished to upgrade to a bigger car. However i could not obtain finance on this new car given my low income at the time so was advised that if i got another family member they could try that. So my sister went with me and they obtained what we were told was finance and that there was £2000 negative equity from the car i had returned and that this would be added onto the monthly payments. We also purchased gap insurance and were advised that everything was the same only difference was the amount.

We were even advised that we could come back half way or in a few years and upgrade again. I have never received a letter, email statement at all in the 30 months i have had the car. To my shock i decided to trade up as i had been told i could so i contacted blackhorse who said yes this could be done as long as i paid £1400. So after one week and getting the money i again contacted them only to be told this was a PERSONAL FIXED SUM LOAN and no termination allowed!!!

This was not what i had agreed to. I brought back a hire purchase car after 6 months and was told that everything was the same. Blackhorse also stated they sent 2 statements of which i have yet to see. I would never have taken a loan for a second hand car and did not know that it was even possible to go into a showroom and get a loan. They were fully aware of my circumstances and wishes given that i was returning a car on hp which was not suitable! They never advised us off the change, yes we signed paperwork but on the basis of the sale team telling us everything was the same. My understanding also was that GAP insurance only covered for the fall in car value not for a personal loan?

To add during this time i have since taken another car out and it is hp with the same dealer with the same instructions as before. I truly believed and was advised that they all were the same until now obviously.

Any help would be great
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X