• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HP finance car repossessed without any default in contract by MotaNova

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP finance car repossessed without any default in contract by MotaNova

​Firstly I like to say hello to everyone, I just joined after reading similar threads. I recently financed a mercedes from car giant on hp finance by MotaNova in April 2016, I haven't made any defaults all the payments were on time nothing can say that I've breached the terms & conditions. Last week I got stopped by traffic police which has cameras and reads all the car number plates which drive past them and if any problems regarding license, insurance etc it will instantly alert the officers and mine did, it came up that DVLA

have revoked my license recently for medical reasons and which I had no knowledge of, apparently DVLA have the powers to revoke someones license without notifying them first which is the first i heard of, so the police seized my car and told me I have to get someone who has insurance to drive my car can release it. The car was seized on Thursday evening so I went the next day with my nephew with his insurance which I thought will do but the officer from the car pound said he has to be the policy holder of an additional driver on my policy but were my license is revoked that automatically cancels my insurance so I tried to insure him on one of those 30 days insurance but it was late so the next day I tried insuring my sister when I got told that they wont insure her unless she is the registrar ed keeper it has to be under her name so i thought I'll just transfer the registration and I'll carry on with the finance until I get my license back which I was told I#ll get after confirmation from my doctor if I'm fit enough to drive so at the car pound on Sunday because Saturday was waiting all day for the cover note I then find out that I cant transfer or sell a financed car to someone else so how was i supposed to release my £16000 car I said,

the officer said to phone the finance and see if they will agree to transfer if they do then they will release and he kept the log book so I then phoned MotaNova on Monday morning and explained everything and asked how can I resolve this and the reply was that I have to either clear the whole finance of and then get it under my sisters name or do a VT which I don't want to so I tell her if I had that sort of money then why did I get the finance I asked and requested if they can just agree with the transfer and after release of the car I'll get it back on my name and carry on with the finance then she came up with that no one else is allowed to drive apart from me, I thought WHAT THE ....!!

why cant no one else drive, that was so ridiculous and stupid, I said how in the hell do you suppose me to get my car back she said to return it or clear the finance no help at all she then explained if I do a VT then they will collect the car and sell it off at auction and the remainder of the balance I will have to pay so the figure if I pay it all off was £16000 the exact same amount I paid for in April so no way they will sell it more than £11000 so I'll be left with £5000 to pay for without any default I didn't agree and said I'll let them know but when I went to the car pound the officer said that MotaNova have decided to take the car back I got all my belonging and got some legal advice who said that they have no right to take back the car without any default what so ever no late payments and I didn't know about the revoke and said to give them a call and explain that you want your car back and what he said and guess what, I then find out talking to MotaNova and explaining everything she tells me that they regardless of what happened they always collect the vehicle if it gets seized by the police to a safer place and then inform the the person who's on finance to come and collect the vehicle that really got me angry I said why didn't they say this in first place

i would have got me car by now nothing like this would have happened so now I told her that options I gave her which was either return the car back to me and carry on with the finance or 2. take the car back and I owe you nothing and nothing happens to my credit ratings or 3. we'll see you in court because i didn't break the contract you did. Please anyone can tell me if I have done the right thing and if I'm on the right, will really appreciate everyone's reply and thank you for reading i know it was long thank you again
    Last edited by R0b; 5th October 2016, 09:09:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: HP finance car repossessed without any default in contract by MotaNova

To get release from the pound your address it my well be useful to hire a co.pany who do recovery .q The car can then be recovered to your drive. Check your breakdown policy you may just be covered. I

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X