• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT On Mini HP Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VT On Mini HP Contract

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] just as I was about to post the letter off to VT a service light came on my Engine oil!!!
    So I haven't posted the VT letter just yet.
    I've managed to book it into MINI for the service on Tuesday 6 September. Should I put this date on my letter to terminate?

Secondly I'm slightly confused as to which address to send it to as the one on my original contract is different to the one featured on my recent annual statement. On the statement it does say 'Lender' and then gives a postal address. So should i go with this one as it's the most recent correspondence i have with them? My contract is from 2013.

Thanks,

Comment

hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION],

Forgot to ask which documents do i need to provide on the return of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnsley9 View Post
        hi @R0b,

Forgot to ask which documents do i need to provide on the return of the car?
        Morning, the CCA says you need to simply notify the creditor of your notice to terminate, but for the avoidance of doubt I would probably send it to the address on the contract so there cannot be any suggestion that notice was not given, unless the contract gives a specific address which matches the newest one.

If you want to post the letter on the same day as your service you can do that, you could even post it today and put within your letter to that the car is being services on Tuesday 6 September and collection to arrange should be made after the 7 September ror something like that
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

And which docs do I need to supply when returning the vehicle? Eg manual, servicing book?

Comment

All of them if possible, especially the servicing book as that will prove of what's been serviced. If in doubt, take a photo of it in case of a dispute.

Retain the V5C get them to countersign as its your duty to notify the DVLA not them. You can notify them online which should be faster by going to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] just wanted to feedback I successfully VT my Mini the other week. And to confirm I wasn't charged for using non-genuine parts - something I couldn't find any info on anywhere online.

The inspector was super thorough, and although I had repaired some damage to the car (sprayed door where it had been keyed) and it was a very good job, he did spot this and proceeded to do a paint check with a reader. Which obviously showed a different read score to the other panels. However he didn't note this on the Vehical Damage Report and subsequently I had a Letter of Discharge from Mini with no outstanding charges and confirming I no longer had any obligations under the agreement.... So very lucky!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X