• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I'm new can someone please help with Landrover dispute is it sales of goods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new can someone please help with Landrover dispute is it sales of goods?

Hi eveyone in Legalbeagle,
    I really need some help. I will try to keep things brief as this is quite lengthly.
    In March 2009, I purchsed a new Landrover Discovery 3 on an 09 plate. It was sold as a Landrover XS, as stated on the back of the car. The purchase price was £33k, a £20k deposit was paid leaving the balance to pay after 2 years. I have since found out that the car may not have the correct XS specifications, to have been sold to me as an XS, depending on when the car was manufactured. I have to ask Landrover to give me the manufactured date to check into this further.
    Since the fated day in March there has been a string of reoccuring problems with it. Which we have taken up with both the dealership where we purchased it and also Landrover Head office. Both of which seem to wash their hands.
    The faults include but are not limited to so far: My main concern is a random chime when driving, this has been on the car since the day it was purchased and was given back for the dealership to investigate, however after them driving it for a day it did not chime, so was told there was no issue. We then complained to Landrover who have now told us to get an independant vehicle examiner to look at the car. Firstly I'm not sure if we can do that as it could invalidate the Landrover Warranty, and secondly they expect us to fund the examination. The dealership have however changed certain parts that they think it might be such as airbags! instrument cluster and seat sensor, but it is still doing it a year on, it is also getting more frequent. The dealership and Landrovers arguement is that as there is nothing displayed on the panel there is nothing wrong and therefore fit for purpose!
    Alarm going off by itself when locked, dealership changed alarm settings, and it has since been ok.
    Whilst driving being pregnant and my son in the back, all the warning lights on the dashboard illuminated, reported this to dealership who took the car in and there was no fault logged in the system. This has happened twice now.
    Alarm going off when car and doors are open. No solution.
    Loss of power when driving.
    Failure to start enginge.
    Unfortunately I didn't have the time from March to August 09 to give this my full attention as my Father was dying of cancer, and passed away at the end of July 09. However my car was back and forth to the dealership during this time and they were fully aware of my concerns with the chime, and i was given a loan car for a couple of days at a time.
    Once things at home had settled down I started to communicate my fears to Landrover Head office and the dealership. However landrover head office at first brushed it off and offered me a free service. So I wrote again and again, they sent someone down to look at my car, but it didn't chime for him either, but then again he only drove it a short distance according to the mileage records and only the one day.
    Towards Christmas 09, a solution came apparent, they would swap my car for another, but the one they were to swap it with was of a higher spec, which was fine we were happy to pay the difference, although it had more mileage on, and it advertised a tow pack that it didn't have. I was unimpressed by the 15 minute journey in it as I was watching the fuel guage as it said there were only 21 miles left in the tank. But despite this we agreed that this car was ok, as so far during the journey it hadn't given us cause for concern.
    We left it in the dealerships hands as their finance advisor told us he had to get in touch with the finance company and change the paperwork over. This was different to what we were told by the sales person who said to come with the £2k extra we could pay it and drive away in it, leaving my car there.
    So 5 weeks passed and we eventually had a call from the dealership who demanded we go in before the end of the weekend to sign for the new car. As we told them this was impossible as we were away and not back until the following week. They sought advice from the head of the dealership who instructed them to sell the car to another customer who was interested in it, which is what we were told via the phone call with our salesman.
    I would like to know if we stand anywhere legally. As now my fathers estate is settled, and our second son is due in june, I don't want to run the risk of a more serious fault developing with my car, and I am now able to give this my full attention.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 19th April 2010, 15:42:PM. Reason: merged posts

Re: I'm new can someone please help with Landrover dispute is it sales of goods?

Nice shirts dude!

Comment

Re: I'm new can someone please help with Landrover dispute is it sales of goods?

Can you summarise what you want to achieve as it is not entirely clear from your post?

Given that you have paid £20,000 and have the balance to pay in 2011, what form does the financial arrangement that you have entered into with Land Rover take?

Have you determined whether or not the car you were supplied with is in fact an XS or not?

Finally, what would you like to happen, given that you are unsure of the safety and quality of the vehicle you have now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X