• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BH - Imperial Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH - Imperial Cars

Hi, hope someone can give me some advice

I purchased a car back in september 2009, mine was completely beyond repair and i needed a car as the M.O.T was due, anyway i went to imperial car sales and saw the car that i wanted and after the test drive was told of the details for finance, i was told that it'd be £212 per month Borrowing £9950 over 5 years, i was wary but worked out i could afford it, when it later got to signing the papers, they had to do a check as to whether i needed a guarantor because of my age (18) it came back that i did not, and with adding GAP insurance to the deal was going to take it to £260 per month, the bloke said it was because of my age and that after 6 months of payments, i could renegotiate my interest (after 6 months i tried this and was told that's not possible unless i re-finance for another 5 years) so is the salesman at fault on this??? also even though i'd worked out i was able to make payments, after 3-4 months work got slower therefore was getting harder to pay (i haven't missed a payment yet) is the salesman also at fault? for not enquiring as to whether or not i had full time work as i did mention to him it was part time and less than 16 hours.....

i know that it was ME who signed the papers and ME who agreed to this but is there anything available to me in terms of being mis sold the finance.

plus after the standard 3 month warranty run out, little niggles appeared e.g. the wheel bearings making a noise and the clutch slipping (i'm not a hard driver)

after reading the EU directive 1999/44/ec am i right in thinking i should have a standard 1 year warranty meaning that i'm eligible to claim for these?

sorry for the essay, hopefully somebody could shed some light as to whether or not im entitled to anything?

James

Re: BH - Imperial Cars

Hmm, Not sure ive been or am Going through similar problem, I bought a convertable on finance, sales man sorted out loan and everything, added more money to the price without me noticing, shadey character.
    Also Loan company needed guarentoor, added all insurances, gave me a photocopy which is really not readable. Broke my ankle tried to use insurances - no provail basically, they will sell you everything and give you nothing, its all about the money not your well being im afraid. Im not sure leagally, but the warranty surely comes from the dealership so check that out. Phone them up and have a check. - Mines sitting there rustng away really becuase the payment have gone up and nobody will explain why so i cannot afford to fix it really
    also being screwed for mine as they wouldn't help when i was out of work missed 1 payment they nearly claimed my car back - So just be careful
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

Hiya

Sorry but I can't help you on this, so I have flagged this up for attention by someone who may know a whole lot more. Hopefully he'll be online sometime over the weekend, so don't panic.

Comment

Thanks alot, will wait to hear anymore suggestions/opinions

Comment

What kind of finance deal is it?

With regard to the salesman being responsible for your work slowing down, I think you already know the answer to that. If you cannot accurately predict your own future, how can you expect anyone else to do it for you?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X