• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new car

I bough car from an ad in local paper...the car went fine for few weeks then I have had it in garage few times coz I smell diesel and the heater doesnt work etc.
    I have had in in for few repairs but the things I complained about never got fixed and they always found other things wrong with it.
    I have had it in for mot and it cost £390 to get thru mot last month.

I paid £900 for the car and have spent £980 in repairs since I got it but the same problems I first reported ares till there.

My car doesnt start first time,.....on cold mornings it takes ages to start then conks out at junctions.........
    The car stinks of diesel and I start coughin and splutterin as well as my passengers as we drive along.....
    My water cooler is full of oil and I asked to get that checked at each garage and it has never been fixed.....
    Wen I put my heater on, it goes hot eventually but the smell and fumes of diesel are terrible
    A few other problems I have mentioned at garages and some were fixed etc but others just were not important apparently coz they found other problems and one of them bein that behind my headlight is a damp cloth covered in oil and apparently it is stoppin an oil lek so I was told to leave it.
    My son is an apprentice mechanic so I put it into his garage and his boss told him too much work needed done on it so he aint touchin it but he was told not to tell me this... One of the guys at his garage actually split my window wipers so I would need new ones and I WAS RAGIN about it coz I used my wipers that mornin coz it was rainin and the new bloody wipers were put on 3 days before they split them durin the mot so I ranted at them and said I wanted new blades or was gonna report them.
    Anyways, My point is this...... I bought the car and have put it into few garages to try get it repaired but they find other faults and seem not to want to fix the main problems of heater and oil leak as well as smell of diesel in car.
    Could I go anywhere with my car to get it looked at and examined properly to get it fixed?
    My car aint a rolls royce or anythin but I love my car and want it fixed properly and am willin to pay to get it fixed properly
    All help much appreciated

Re: new car

Did you buy it from a garage or car trader or from a private seller?

Comment

it was from an owner of kebab shop and the car looked in great condition etc so I bought it.
      I have been back to see the guy a few times but apparently he has left britain again....

Comment

I suspect if it was a privaye sale then it's sold as seen and don't havemuch redreess here "caveat emptor" as in buyer beware. It seems to me rather than spend more money on it, cut your losses and get another car instead, no point throwing more money away on it. But do get soemone to check it over properly before you part with any more hard earned cash.
        Is no longer here

Comment

There is less redress if you purchase from a private seller, however, if the vehicle was misrepresented then you may be able to sue under the tort of misrepresentation.

However, that does depend on the condition of the car and how it was represented to you at the time of the sale.

Comment

No I dont want to sue the person who sold it....my point is that I put it into garage to get water cooler fixed and the smell of diesel checked and they found other problems and charged me for them but I still have the same problem I started with after they said it was nothin to worry about...... Even the soiled cloth behind my headlamp was not an issue to them and shoulod be left there to soak up the oil leak....... Surely thats not right and they should have sorted it for me? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
            I have had a friend of a friend look at my car and he said it sounds like cylinder head gasket needs replaced......and that would probably sort the whole mess out coz once they done that then the other things like oil leak and water cooler would need replaced as well...... So why didnt garage do that for me instead of inventin other stupid wee jobs so as not to do the bigger jobs
            Even if they had said to me that it aint worth fixin then I coulda scrapped the car and saved a fortune but they kept fixin daft wee things and cost me money that may not have been worth spendin if they were honest in first place

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X