• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial Outsourcing

Hi all, I am looking for some advice if thats ok?
    My son leased (PCP) a car from Ford Credit which went well for the first 18 months and then he lost his job and fell into arrears. He paid the arrears off when he could and there was 300.00 of arrears left which he went to pay, when he called Ford they told him they couldn't accept the money as the debt had been sold. He received no letter or correspondance about this until Friday last week when Link Financial Outsourcing called him and told him he would either have to pay the whole sum immediately or the best they could offer was a 12 month payment plan of £700.00 per month. He does have a new job but could not afford that each month which he explained but they said if that was the case he would have to sign the car over to them to be sold at auction. He works all over the country so he needs the car. Any suggestions on what can he do please?
    Starts
    13th August 2018 11:00:AM
    Tags: None

Do you have a copy of the PCP agreement ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

I can't find it as we have moved house, all I have is a letter from Link Financial saying Ford have surrendered the loan to them and then a form to fill out to surrender the car

Comment

Okay can you do a copy of the letter and form you got from Link ( redact personal info)

I'd also send a CCA request to Link to get the agreement. CCA Request

and a SAR to Ford Credit Set Aside Application

When he was paying the arrears off was that on top of his normal monthly payments ? ( so he increased his monthly payments in order to pay off the arrears as well as the monthly payments ?)

Had he paid over a third, or half , of the total amount due under the agreement when it was sold?

How much were his normal monthly payments?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I have attached copies of the letters my son has received

Also sorry to sound really stupid but what is the CCA I need to send to Link and the SAR I need to send to Fords, do I send them at the same time?
          Attached Files

Comment

His repayments were £220.00 per month, he was £740.00 in arrears which he paid £440.00 which left £300.00. The orginal amount payable was £14403.00 and he has paid £6220.53
            Last edited by gillyo; 13th August 2018, 15:49:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X