• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Partner Finance VT - Car picked up ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Partner Finance VT - Car picked up ...

R0b Hi guys. I have been stalking www.manheim.co.uk for days now since my car went in to see what the report said. I am fuming with them and expect to see a barclays letter through my door any day now...

I sent out the VT Letter to Barclays on the 25th stating Immediate termination of the car. I had to send again on the 30th and Sent them an email. I phoned them to see if they had received this on the 31st which they had.

I then got a phone call off the agents from Peak saying they will be collecting the car from me on the same day 1st Aug 18 at 6pm - Tha call was around 12pm that day
    I had just taken in for a Valet and agreed, as wanted the car gone as the insurance had been terminated on the 3rd Aug.
    They gave me no time to get things in order as I was working and luckly I had got bits i needed, spare key etc sorted the day before.

I also had an inspection through Ford for safety on the 2nd which I cancelled.

When the original inspection was done with the men who came to collect ( i took a photo of the report and they said it was in very good condition) and they took it away only stating 1 issue... The dent (see later in post)

Reading the report of Manheim read awful... Where do I stand with this. It says 14 issues with the car from bumps, dents and scratches on the car.

the car is 2012 plate and is given a grade 4 by them.

I took pictures of the car, not many but sides, wheels, front, back and inside.

One of the 'faults' they have said is the hand brake cover 'broken' and they have taken a pic of this...HOWEVER I can prove and i used timestamped photos with the reg on that on the day of collection it was there.. It is a chrome bit on the top, and when they took it away this was on and complete.

They ALSO are saying that 'B post L' and 'B post L' is scratched, i don't have photos but this looks brand new scratched and NOT by me, this wasnt there when I handed back

A Dent in the bonnet which wasnt there on the day of handing back and alloys scuffed..
    Dirt in paint in full back bumper ??
    and parcel shelf broken.. It was a bit warped but thats due to the fact I had a pram in the back and arched it a little

They have missed the door scratch that someones car door hit mine and left this without paint and a dent in the front wheelarch which was the only damage.

They have also noted two issues that I had when the car was bought, two small holes in the front seat caused by whay looks like fallen ash (I don't smoke by the way) And the front bumber when I bought the car (it was a used car from Bristol St) looks like it had been in a bump and fixed, they have brought this up too.

I am fuming with this as I have spent over £400 of my own money too fixing a problem of leaking water in the back (stupidly though I don't have a receipt for this) and I can see them trying to claw back money from me for the VT..

the agreement was due to end in May 2019 with the Baloon payment of approx £4k and I took it out in 2015 so was well over my 50% with them I think off the top of my head this is at least 6 payments of £150 per month over if not more.

They also took a payment on the 31st July 18 for £150 as I had not heard off them to accept VT was too late to cancel. I have now done this and cancelled the DD

Mileage shouldn't be a problem as I got the car with 13k on the clock and I sent it back with 35.5k on it an I am sure I have 8k a year

ANY help here would be amazing, in preparation for them coming at me and where I stand with reasonable care (MOT always done, Servicing done etc) ... which after reading on here the horror stories I am sure wont be long.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi guys... anyone able to help on this for me. . The car is due to be sold at Auction on the 16th and they have gone very quiet.. Amethyst R0b

Comment

I can't really add much other than to dispute the damage.

Very much a schoolboy error if you never took any photos, it is well established on here that you should take photos prior to handing it over, for reasons exactly like this.

As you have taken a photograph of the initial condition report, you can use that as your evidence that on that day the car was inspection, it was in very good condition bar the dent that was raised.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob, thanks.
        I took quick photos, font, back, and inside just didnt take ones of the sils, close up of the bonnet etc. Didnt expect them to come back with these as damaged..AND they didnt give me much notice literally hours that they were picking it up and I was at work, and then when they did come I had my 21month old crying and wanting feeding ... I was so stressed out, I got what I could.

he one I can prove via time stamp is the hand brake, I have a pic timestamped clear as day that the silver bit they 'claim' damaged is there and in tack. This must help my case, even though its only small it proves they didnt take care of the car in their possession. The photos I took when zoomed in on the bonnet you can not see any damage (as there wasn't any before they took it) So again this must weigh in my favour when disputing it.

Also if they had used somewhere like we buy any car as opposed to the auctions they could have achieved £5,100 for the car. I had a quote emailed off them before I gave the car back... So is it not 'their' fault if the car goes for less at auction?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X