• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rejecting a car on hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, get those quotes for the drive clean.

Comment

There is no reason why you shouldn't give them a nudge now on the lines "you've done the report and I await the refund. I am in the process of quantifying my damages and will advise you of the amount in due course"

Comment

ok so done that and all i got back was this...

Thank you for updating us on the actions taken and inspection carried out.

We must now await the outcome of the report. Once this has been provided to the dealership they will notify us of the outcome and provide us with a copy of the inspection report.

I trust this information has been useful.

i'm really loosing patience now as i'm constantly been fobbed off. should i just go ahead with the court claim?

On 24th august i will of had the car 6 months

Comment

I'm afraid you must have patience.
          The court will expect you to try and resolve the problem prior to taking action, so you will do yourself no harm in trying to appear ultra reasonable.
          Also court action is not a speedy solution anyway.

For your info those codes you mentioned:
          B1325 Device Power Circuit (possibly low voltage to a device such as airbags)
          P200A Inlet Manifold Runner Control Valve Control Circuit Malfunction (valve assists fuel economy, idle stability, and emissions.)

Comment

hi everyone

i have received the report from the independent inspection and i have attached it for you to see.

they have pretty much agreed with what i have told them except in condensed form.

fingers crossed i will hear from the finance company today
            Last edited by Bigcarcrap; 10th August 2018, 10:05:AM.

Comment

Thank you, now wait & see

Note you have left your name visible, as well as registration number and report number on page 1 of attachment.
              Suggest you redact.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                Thank you, now wait & see

Note you have left your name visible, as well as registration number and report number on page 1 of attachment.
                Suggest you redact.
                thank you DES8 i have just removed it as you have seen it anyways.

Thanks for all your advice so far.

Comment

hi everyone

finance company have called and agreed that the car should be rejected but now we have to wait for the broker to agree before proceeding

Thanks for your help so far i think i would of given up on it had i not of had the help and advice off you guys.

Comment

why the hell does the broker have to agree?

Comment

Iv no idea DES8 I'm clueless on all this. According to the finance company I have a direct deal with the broker?

I just said ok as I wasn't sure

Comment

I just wonder what they are about.
                        "a direct deal with the broker"???????????????????
                        Can anyone explain what they mean?
                        I'd be inclined to go back and tell them they are the financiers, your claim is against them and the longer they delay the more your costs are increasing and so your claim for damages is also increasing.
                        They have agreed rejection so they have a maximum of 14 days from 14.08.2018 in which to pay up (cra 2015 sec 20 (15)

Comment

I just wonder what they are about.
                          "a direct deal with the broker"???????????????????
                          Can anyone explain what they mean?
                          I'd be inclined to go back and tell them they are the financiers, your claim is against them and the longer they delay the more your costs are increasing and so your claim for damages is also increasing.
                          They have agreed rejection so they have a maximum of 14 days from 14.08.2018 in which to pay up (cra 2015 sec 20 (15)
                          i wish i knew

as far as i was aware when i bought the car they were paid a fee for finding the best finance deal for my current circumstances.

then i assumed that would be it for the broker being involved but obv not

Comment

It could be trying to sort out what to do with the commision paid to the broker. I would imagine the broker will not be too happy about being asked to repay the commision .

Comment

but that is a question for finance house to sort out.
                              It has no bearing on their liability to refund their client

Comment

but that is a question for finance house to sort out.
                                It has no bearing on their liability to refund their client
                                I agree. Just making a comment on the whys.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X