• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required

Im trying to voluntary terminate my hp agreement as i have lost my job. Ive paid well over the liable amount to do so. The hp company are stretching it out stating that i have to admit liability for £312 which they claim is a months hp because i didnt voluntary terminate before the begining of the month. This is not true i did it over the phone and then a few days later backed it up in an email which was there instruction . They are now threatening to start proceedings for reposession where i will be liable for the whole outstanding cost of the vehichle . This has been ongoing for a month and a half.

to shed some light they were charging me £312 a month for an 09 plate insignia over 36 months i believe . Ive paid over 6,500 . They are refusing to collect the car what can i do. Im a single mum with four kids who has lost my job. At the time i signed for the car they forged my documents there was no signuture on my bank card so they took a photocopy of my card made me sign it then photocopued the piece of paper i had signed to make it appear that my bank card was signed. My income and expenditure at the time of signing clearly shows that i couldnt afford the repayments yet they didnt perform the right checks or didnt care. What can i do? The hp car has a box atatched to it that every month they recieve payment they send you a code to pop on the vehichle if you don't pay they cut the car off. The car is clean condition i just want to be able to voluntary terminate my agreement
    Tags: None

Comment

You have VTed your car, you've given them notice and the car is available for collection. They are making the rules up as they go along. You write to them telling them that the car has indeed been VT'ed, you are no longer the owner, they are, and you have transferred the keeper details to them and they are therefore now liable for the tax and insurance. If they fail to collect their property within 14 days then you reserve the right sell the car at auction yourself and forward the proceeds. (the last bit has some legal wording that I can't remember, others will help)

Can you park the car off the road and SORN it? You can transfer the car from you to them online.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X