• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vt - may have jumped the gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vt - may have jumped the gun

So, my wife and i have started the process to VT our car woth motonovo finance.

We sent the letter them last tuesday, dating the letter the 31st. We then cancelled the direct debit.

Now, we havnt heard anything back from them, so i decided to check the tracking number (it went 1st class signed for) and royal mail havnt delivered it, which i thought was strange, so i looked abit deeper.

We've sent the letter to the address thats on all the motonova documents we have (finance was started in 2015 and last letter was middle of last year for a years summary).

However, the motonovo website no longer lists that address, but another within cardiff.

I know we should have checked, our bad.

The problem lies that the payments are usually taken out on the 5th, which is tuesday. So even with special delivery they wouldnt recieve the letter until they've had a failed payment due to the DD being cancelled.

So, what do i do? Do i stump up the payment and make a payment on the day and resend the letter? (The website allows you to make payments, however, i feel calling and paying may be a better option) or should we just resend the letter, special delivery and go from there?

@R0b

Thanks
    Tags: None

R0b can you give me your opinion please.

Reading through other threads, if we email now, dating for tomorrow, the 4th, would that cover us?
    Last edited by Ross394; 3rd June 2018, 19:57:PM.

Comment

Hello

Yes if you email tomorrow morning, then that should be sufficient provided your notice of termination clearly explains that the agreement is terminated effective immediately i.e. on 4 June.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you R0b.

recieved an email this afternoon acknowledging our request and that their agents would be in touch.

Now, the car is in very good condition. Always serviced when it indicated (a BMW, so it tells you when), tyres are all correct ect ect.

However, in the T&Cs it goes on about excess mileage. The car is over milage by 17,647miles, which works out at £944.

Do you think these are enforceable with them?

Ive been reading through other threads about excess mileage, and apart from the lady who won her case, there isnt many follow-ups on what happened and the outcome. We're not the most legal savy, and ive almost accepted already that we'll have to pay it.

Attached Files

Comment

They are contractual conditions, the CCA acts as a limitation of liability which overrules any contractual terms that seeks to impose additional liability beyond the 50% rule. BMW do however, have a habit of recording adverse entries on your account if you refuse to pay up and I suspect the same will apply to you if if you go down that route.

I would suggest that if you are not comfortable nor prepared to follow your case right through to court then your better option is to pay up and not have anything affect your credit file.

Someone needs to take BMW to court over their actions but sadly many people on here are too afraid or do not wish to go down that route. I think my next car on finance is going to be a BMW anyway in a year or two's time so perhaps I may be the one to take them on if they suggest I fall foul of their terms and conditions.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b, its not with BMW, its through MotoNovo, its just a BMW car.

The car is being collected tomorrow, so ive went over it again and again. Its been thoroughly cleaned knside and out, all the documents that are needed are present. There are 2 marks on the car (1 alloy that has abot of grazing and a scratch on the rear bumper in the cornern its over 25mm) which if they pick up, ill accept as they fall outside the BVRLA guidelines.

My wife will be at home tomorrow for the collection, is she likely to be asked to sign any documents regarding charges? Or just to sign to hand the vehicle over?

Comment

Rereading the letter we received from MotoNova regarding the VT, it states we will be asked to sign an electronic device with the manhelim agent. Ive spoken to my wife and told her not to sign anything, unless it clearly states its charges just for the alloy and rear bumper scratch (which as posted before we accept under the guidelines of fair wear and tear)

Comment

Vehicle has been collected.

damage details come to £570 atm.

No signtures or payments asked for.

1 of the items is service history being incomplete (£300). When we bought the vehicle from carshop, it didnt have a service book. Theyy gave us a printout of the service hoestory from before. We also had a service plan with carshop, so never paid for any services and they only ever gave us health sheets. According to the Manheim inspector, this isnt enough for them as hey need incoices, but he understands what the problem is. He has told me to tell MotoNovo what ive just written, and they may just ask for confirmation from Carshop, and that should be enough.

There has also been a poor repair done on the rear door which he has told me i just have to tell MotoNovo it was like that before I bought it as ive never had a repair done, and i should get away with it.

Really nice chap actually!

The small print does however mention that the car will go through another more thorough inspection which may inccur more charges and nothing was mentioned about over mileage, so I'm expecting the figure to rise when we hear from MotoNovo.

There was a gouge/scrap under the front bumper (£35) which we will accept as thats obivusly been 1 of us.

Comment

Thought id keep the update going.

Recived a letter yesterday saying after the inspection we now had liability of £698.95 to pay, then they would close the account.

i phoned to query what the amount was for, as the letter never stated eaxctly what they wanted me to pay for. The inspection had picked up £570 worth of 'damages'.

I was told it was £300 for incomplete service history and £398.95 for arrers.

Straight away i told him i had an email confirming that the VT was accepted on the 4th, and the payment was due on the 5th. He then apologised as i was correct and removed the arrer from the account.

When i told him about the service history issue (as stated in the previous post), he told me what i thought he would, to get invoices from carshop showing what filters were changed, and that would be enough. He asked me to send it 1st class recorded and when i have seen its been delivered, to call him and he will make sure the amount is removed from and the account closed.

Somehow (and we're not compaining) they arn't coming after us for excessive mileage...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X