• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Partner Finance VT nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Partner Finance VT nightmare

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice regarding collection charges and signing documentation.
    Basically I sent off the template VT letter by email on 6th March, and also sent off a hard copy.I was told that I had to sign their documentation, and send it back to them, and pay £150 collection fee.I informed them that I didn't have to sign anything and that I wasn't prepared to pay for collection.
    I also cancelled the DD which is due on the 8th of the month although I did this after the March instalment had been taken.
    Because I refused to sign anything or pay up for collection I was escalated to the complaints department.
    On Saturday I received a phone call from their recoveries department to inform me that my account was in arrears, and that my complaint had not been upheld and I had 'no redress'.
    They have also rang today telling me the same and insisting that if I want to VT the vehicle I must pay the collection charge and sign their VT pack.
    This has been going on for 2 months now and I don't know what to do, I keep telling them that the vehicle was VT'd on March 6 and I do not have to pay anything more or sign anything. BPF just keep saying that until I do they cannot process the VT.
    The car is on my drive and is no longer insured, I cannot deliver it to the auction site as it is 2 hours away.
    I am beginning to think that I am in the wrong and they can force me to pay up and sign. I can't believe that such a large financial institution can be wrong.
    Can anyone advise me of my next step please.
    Tags: None

Have you transferred the keeper details to them? That gets rid of tax and insurance problems. Inform them that you are doing that.

There can be no arrears on the account as the account is no longer in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Have you transferred the keeper details to them? That gets rid of tax and insurance problems. Inform them that you are doing that.

There can be no arrears on the account as the account is no longer in existence.
      Thanks for your reply Ostell.
      No I haven't done that , would I fill in the V5 and put Barclays Finance as the new keeper?

Comment

Yes, you can do it online by going to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

I would insert the Barclays details as they are on your HP agreement. I would also suggest you inform Barclays you have done this also.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you again.

Will get on with doing this and inform them that I have done it.

Comment

Hi,@Rob

I am currently having a similar problem with BPF. I have followed all of the steps as advised on here. On 3 separate occasions I have told them that I will not be paying any collection charges. I then received a phone call informing me they were arranging collection of the vehicle. The vehicle was collected on 23/04/18. Out of the blue a couple of days ago I was contacted by a debt collection agency by text. apparently I owe BFT £186 for collection and valeting of the vehicle which by the way was valeted before it was collected! I have spoken to a number of people at Barclays and must say they are adamant that they will not remove the charge for collection. I have escalated my complaint to level2 Whatever that is? I have told them I will not be paying and that I am appaled that they would send this straight to Debt collectors without even presenting me with a bill etc! Any help appreciated Thanks
            Last edited by IANJON; 25th May 2018, 17:39:PM.

Comment

Hi rob Amethyst UPDATE:
              I have just heard from BPF and after the level 2 coplaint they have informed me that they have not upheld my complaint about paying a collection fee of that they passed my details to debt collectors without any correspondance or even a bill for their so called outstanding amount. Beginning to feel that I have dug myself a big hole and that I shouls just pay them. Things appear to have gone very quiet on here with regards to help/advice so dont really know where I stand anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
              Thanks

Comment

Hello

First of all, whenever you are tagging me your using the letter whereas my username is a zero. There is plenty of information on here about collection fees and whether it is recoverable. The answer remains the same whichever the lender, if you feel like you should pay them then go ahead and pay up as at the end of the day, the decision us ultimately yours regardless of what myself or others might say.

BPF can be a royal pain in the backside and there is a risk they may apply a late payment marker to your account and if they do, my view is that they will be in breach of data protection which, as of today, became a lot more stringent for data controllers like BPF and you also now have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. If you don't want to run that risk or pursue a course of action against BPF should they at some point mark your account, then I would recommend you pay the collection fee and be done with it.

It might also be helpful to see the response from BPF if you post up the letter with your information redacted, and it might also be helpful if you start your own thread rather than tagging on the end of another - that way we can separate your issues from the original poster's
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b,
                  Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help. As you said BPF are a real pain. They have basically just dismissed my complaint and are being very dismissive in general. I was basically looking for a bit of reassurance as, as I have said they have passed my details to a debt collection agency. I will contact them again although they have said I have no redress now. I will also contact the Ombudsman and make an official complaint against them.
                  I Had previously started my own thread by the way and just posted to this one as they were having a similar problem to myself. Anyway I will post the copy of their recent letter to my original thread and hopefully you may be help with further advice?
                  Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X