• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT on RCI Finance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT on RCI Finance?

Hi, I’m hoping someone can give me a little bit of advice regarding voluntarily terminating my PCP with RCI finance.

I currently have a Renault Clio which I got in November 2015, on PCP with 8k miles a year.

Due to mobility issues I need to change the car to one that is higher up, and was advised due to the current value of the car I should voluntarily terminate. In February I had gone into my Renault dealer requesting information on upgrading my car, at which point I contacted RCI and was told I would be eligible for VT in June 2018, as there was around £1,200 to pay until the 50% point. I looked at the figures on my RCI account and it didn’t seem to match up with being 50% paid however I assume the information they gave me was correct?

Im currently on 24k miles, so around 4-6k more than I should be at this point in the year.

I haven’t been able to locate my copy of my PCP policy, I’m starting to doubt whether I was given one as I have never thrown out any paperwork relating to my car (I have an insurance payment schedule from 2015 still in my folder).

The car has a few scuffs on interior plastics and a very fine scrape on the windscreen but no dents or scrapes on the bodywork.

Am I likely to incur extra charges for the damage and miles? I read from several places they cannot legally make you pay the excess mileage with VT but as I can’t find my policy I can’t confirm the wording in my agreement.

I’m just very nervous about getting it all resolved and wanted to have more information before I start the process, any help or advice (in simplistic terms!) would be appreciated!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X