• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBFS VT Issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBFS VT Issued

Hi all,

I have recently served a VT on my 3.5 year old Mercedes C class. 3rd April. I used the form on the site.
    They didn't get back to me, so i called to make sure they had received it, they said on the phone it needed a wet signature, so i signed and emailed back to them.
    I've not heard anything from them at all, no emails to confirm, on the phone i asked for everything in writing,they said BCA would be in contact, not heard anything from them either.
    They said I had to sign a VT form but i said I wouldn't be signing any documents as I didn't need to

Its 10 working days today since i sent the email, but on monday will be 14 days, as mentioned in the letter.

I was on a 4 year agreement 10,000 miles a year, but ive done 55000 at this point, so by their logic im about 20,000 miles over which i guess at 9p a mile would equate to £1800. So thought it was worth a least looking into.

I do remember when I took out the agreement i was sat with my boss as he had bought a mercedes the week before and he knew the salesman, i wasn't happy with over £500 a month payments and said id probably need 15,000 miles as i would do 10,000 business in it. The chap at the time said that we could get it down by just setting it at 10,000 and i could VT if i went over anyway. so he got the figure down to £471 and we shook hands. Maybe I was being naive at the time.

What should I do here, just sit and wait for them to get in contact? I'm still paying tax and insurance on it, and could get a rebate, but should i hold off for now and just wait for them to get in contact?
    Ive taken absolutely tons of pictures, I also sent the car to my mates bodyshop and he has fixed any damage that would be flagged by them such as dents and ive had all the alloys refurbished. The car is in immaculate condition for its age. (Cost me £550)

Andy
    Last edited by BIGANDYT; 16th April 2018, 10:40:AM.
    Tags: None

A quick update, they have now collected the car, after me chasing them for over a month, they've sent me a document saying they want £2200 excess mileage charges, as the mileage includes VAT which i dont think was detailed on the contract (i will check). I've phoned them and said i don't believe I should be paying mileage on the VT and I'm not happy. I said that I will be seeking legal advice as I believe I was mislead during the sale. I've contacted my old boss and he is happy to sign a statement that confirms that I was told that if I didn't let the contract finish its term and either traded in or VT'd, I wouldn't be liable for mileage, and that i said that 10,000 miles wouldn't be enough at the time. He was with me when I bought the car, and the same thing had been said to him a few weeks before when he bought his E class off the same guy.

They have issued a complaint and said they would contact me by email in two days, but I've had no email, any advice on next steps. Should I phone them and let them know that my boss is willing to sign confirmation that he was there and that he confirms my account? Or should I just wait to see what they say in relation to my complaint?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X