• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HP VT cherished numberplate issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP VT cherished numberplate issues

Have been given the run around by finance company in regard to voluntary termination of HP contract have paid over the 50% etc but they are insisting I put the original plate back on the car which is a cherished numberplate i.e. Personal plate and I have notified DVLA and out a retention on the plate and they have given me a new registration for the car which was first registered with the personalised plate from new! Any help much appreciated
    Tags: None

Hello

Not sure I understand what you are asking for. Are you saying that the personalised number plate came with the car originally, or did you purchase the personal plate and then register with this car?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Just so we are sure, when you purchased the car it came with a 'personalised' number plate on the vehicle, you have now reached 50% of your agreement & have decided to VT the car. However prior to doing the VT you have put the 'personalised' number plate on retention & intend to return the car with it's original first registered plate back on, at which point your financer has advised they will not accept that.

Couple of questions,

Was the car new when you purchased it
      Was the 'personalised' number plate on the vehicle when it was offered for sale
      If it wasn't & you had it put on as part of the sale was the costs included in your agreement
      Which 'plate' is on the agreement.
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

My parents have just bought a new car and had it first registered with their old cherished number plate - so prior to them buying it there was no registration number attached to the car ( checking that with them tho) - so wonder if this is the same thing. I haven't seen their documents so don't know if it is written into the contract but I'm guessing it should be to save argument on VT etc later. Hadn't thought that it might get complicated later on.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X