• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantage Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Finance

Hi all

I returned a car to Advantage Finance after being 27 months through my HP agreement (4 year agreement). I have now received a letter saying they are charging me £270 to clean a stain on a chair, to repair a little dent in roof and to clean the car.

I had to drive approx 50 miles in bad weather (raining) to take the car where they wanted it taken, I cleaned the car and polished it the day before it went back, I could not control the weather on the day it was being returned.

I am hoping to use one of the templates at the top of this chat section to reply.

Just want to gauge if I am actually liable or should I fight it. I know £270 isn't a lot of money, but I returned the car because my wife is expecting and the car was to small so have had to buy a different car.

thank you

Ryan
    Tags: None

Sounds like most of the £270 is for the dent, then the stain and the least amount for the cleaning.

Probably not worth the fight as a dent and maybe the stain would be reasonable to expect you to pay towards.

My feeling is that you are hanging too much on the cleaning which was because of the bad weather and their main issues are the other points.

Adrian
    Reporting Accounts - Free business intelligence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X