• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beginning of my VT (Barclays)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning of my VT (Barclays)

Hello, Just wanted to give a summary of what has happened so far, updates on what happens, and hopefully get some help if needed.

Started my finance in september 2015 on a used vehicle from a local car supermarket. HP agreement with a rather high interest rate. For various reasons I have decided to VT, neg eq etc. Finance was a £200 deposit, and 60 payments of approx £230 p/m, paid on the 10th of each month. I called up last week to ask for the remaining amount until half way. Made a payment over the phone of approx £280. Notified them on the phone I was going to send a letter to VT. No mention from the advisor about signing paperwork. Letter was sent last week, aswell as an email, using the template letter. Letter was sent recorded, signed for this morning. I have now cancelled my direct debit at about 17:30. Original vehicle milage was about 40k, now on 80k. Condition is average, I believe it fits into the average category of the CAP HPI guidelines. I hope everything goes smoothly but I have a feeling I might have a struggle on my hands, considering some of the other posts on here. Hopefully they will contact me soon to arrange collection. Will update when necessary.

thanks
    Tags: None

Received a letter from Barclays asking me to complete their forms etc, or they will assume I do not wish to vt. Is there a template letter to reply to this? Is it worth calling them or is that a useless exercise?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stevekeith View Post
      Received a letter from Barclays asking me to complete their forms etc, or they will assume I do not wish to vt. Is there a template letter to reply to this? Is it worth calling them or is that a useless exercise?
      Thanks
      Hi Steve Keith,

I am having a chew on with VWFS now as they measure cars against the BVRLA standards which do not account for the age of a car. So if they get a car back it has to match that standard whether 6 months or 20 years old.... Hopefully Barclays don't use British Car Auctions (as they use the BVRLA standards).

I didn't sign anything with my VT pack. I actually just sent an email which I found on these forums. Basically:

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: ################

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective immediately from the date of this letter. Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this letter and to make arrangements for collection of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

The vehicle is now available for collection and I would be grateful if you could contact me on 07######### to arrange a suitable time within the next 14 days.

Kind regards

Me

Comment

Cheers for the reply. So an update.

Spoke to them on the phone last week, an hour after I sent my letter. After some assertive but pleasant conversations, spoke to complaints, who spoke to recoveries, finally admitted I do not have to sign. They were willing to do this as long as I understand I will be charged for any damage under bvrla guidelines. I replied I understand you send me an invoice. Vehicle collection is tomorrow afternoon, hopefully goes well

Comment

Hello,

I am just about to start the VT process with Barclays.

Please could you let me know how you got on? Did you get any damage charges?

Kind Regards

Becky

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X