• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling distance purchase -highly illegal ethics used car help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling distance purchase -highly illegal ethics used car help

Hello last week I was looking to purchase a expensive used rare low mileage vehicle the dealer took £1000 deposit and then later emailed the sales contract which I later discovered the. Thicker had 2000 more miles on it than the auto trader advert he also after my having been successful in gaining car HP finance and having completed the finance doculments all from distance sales over emails informed the car would be 5 days as it need two alloy wheel repairs where scrathched and also a small dent in the passangwr door. I have never been to the dealer in Cheltenham to see the vehicle and the sales agent at Chrltenha
    Audi is ignoring my calls and not acknowledged my email or calls to cancel the deal. Am I correct that under distance sales I can get both my deposit refund returned to my CC and the finance cancelled the car is at the dealers and not ready yet from repairs.
    alarmingly having looked at a last email the sales person asked me to scan the finance documents and to sign them making sure they were "complete and looking like I had signed in person" highly illegal I suspect.
    Tags: None

Hi
    and welcome

You have up to two weeks after the goods are delivered in which to cancel the contract.without giving any reason.
    Brief details here: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distan...for-businesses
    In this particular instance you also have the right to cancel under Consumer Rights Act 2015 for mis description (sec 11)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X