• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car insurance advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car insurance advice needed

A bit of advice please,say if a driving instructor's pupil has passed their driving test and they are doing a motorway lesson in a tuition car and they hit another car but they are insured to drive the tuition vehicle. though they have their own car they they are only allowed to drive their own car. They have told the driver of the car they hit an saw how muh it would. sounds like they may back out.what do we do.
    Tags: None

ok let me rephrase this properly say the pupil only passed their test a couple of months back and then had a motorway lesson on the way back they collided with another car caused a bit of damage to a third party car, but didnt want to go through their own insurance. The pupil is actually insured in their own vehicle but cannot drive other vehicles. I believe if they are in a tuition vehicle they would still be insured under the schools insurance. But if the third party wants to take the claim through the insurance which the parent of the pupil doesnt want that who does it affect the instructor or the pupil, would the insurance company contact the pupils insurance company and claim off her insurance company or would it come off the driving school insurance. In future whose driving record would it be registered against. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

If the pupil was driving the driving instructors car at the time of the accident, it would be the driving instructors insurance the 3rd party would claim off, if that is what you mean.
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Hi
        The third party holds the driver who caused the accident liable.
        The driver makes a claim against the insurer (in this case the driving school insurers through the driving school)

The driver must advise his insurer of the accident when renewing his policy or effecting a new policy.
        Whether or not it will have a bearing on future premiums will vary from insurer to insurer, as they calculate premiums differently one to another.

The same applies to the drivingschools insurers

Comment

Ok thank you that clears it up for me the girl that was driving her mum wants her kept out of it but i dont see why she should as i have said she unless she is willing to settle outside of the insurance it will have to go through the insurance i have notified of the incident

Comment

I take it you were the innocent party in this incident.
            The young lady (full licence but only recently passed test)was driving a car belonging to a driving school.
            She is insured whilst driving her own car, but that policy does not have "driving other cars" extension.
            The driving school car insurance probably covers her, but that is her problem if it does not as she will not only have to pay for your damages, but is also breaking the law by driving uninsured.
            Why do they want her mother to take responsibility? because the young lady isn't insured or because of the effect on her premiums?

Don't get involved with any scam they are trying to pull.
            If you do you are committing fraud, and insurers aren't very keen on that, and you become an accessory to a crime.(punishment the same as committing the crime!)

Don't forget, even if you do not make a claim on your own policy, you should advise your insurers of the incident (at least at renewal time)
            If you have comprehensive insurance, I would advise reporting the incident to your insurers now "for information, but with reservation it might become a claim" , because if there are problems getting your claim settled by the third party you might want to claim against your own insurance..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X