• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Journey to VTing my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey to VTing my car

Hi,
    I'm just about to start the process of VTing my PCP agreement and will keep updating this thread with any progress reports. But, before I start the process I need some advice, please. When I contacted FCA finance regarding VT, they informed me that I would have to pay £5.74, which would take me up to the required 50%. Not a problem. They also mentioned that I would have to pay for any mileage over 5000 miles per year. But, they just repeated that the contract dictates 5000 per year and that I would have to contact the dealership with my concerns. My reply was something which I cannot repeat within this forum. Needless to say I was not happy with their statement as when I took the contract out, I specifically said to the salesman that I covered 18,000 per year as my place of word is 29 miles from where I live. When signing the contract, it did state 5,000 miles per year and I hastily informed the salesman that it was incorrect and he said he would amend it before sending it off to FCA finance.

I contacted my local Fiat dealers where I took out the contract, and was told that the salesman who sold me the car had been fired as he had been unofficially signing customers up for service plans then cancelling them a couple of weeks later just so he could earn £25 per customer commission. The dealers have agreed that the contract should of been 18,000 miles per year, but Fiat are still saying that I will have to pay the excess mileage and a £70 collection fee after I VT. The dealers have aslo agreed to store and insure the car in their compound until collection. I'm also wanting to take out another car which is from the same dealers, but is much cheaper than my current payments. The dealers are working on trying to resolve this by refunding the charge for the excess mileage and collection fee, but I believe that I shouldn't of been sold a contract with 5,000 miles in the first place, when I stipulated that I covered 18,000 miles per year.

Any advice/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X