• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP - Disputing approved repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP - Disputing approved repairs

Hi all - hoping for a bit of advice and reassurance

I am returning a VW PCP car on voluntary termination (only a few months early) and have had the inspection this morning from a British Car Auctions inspector. He has said there are ‘unsatisfactory repairs’ to the front of the vehicle (apparently some rippling or something that is generally undetectable unless you are an experienced inspector). However, these repairs were carried out in the event of a car accident I was involved in 2 years ago - and the repealed were organised by the insurance company and carried out by an approved repairer. As this is the case I feel it is very unfair to say I am liable for £400+ quoted by the inspector.

I sp
    Tags: None

(Accidentally posted too soon!)

i spoke to VWFS this morning who said that the next steps are for the car to be collected as arranged, then VWFS will do their own appraisal (they do not have to agree with BCA) and send an invoice for any costs. If I then wish to dispute these costs I am free to do so.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Or does anybody know where I stand in terms of liability when the repairs were done by an approved repairer?

Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X