• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn VT - Asking for additional payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn VT - Asking for additional payment

Hi,

I VT'd my vehicle on the 26th of January with immediate affect (thank you for the template BTW), I emailed and sent the letter by special delivery, they called me within 3 hours on the same day to say that they had received it and that BCA would be in touch to organise collection of the vehicle and also stated that I still owed my February 1st payment which I told them I would not pay. They emailed me on the 28th to confirm that they had received my letter on the 26th of Jan.

BCA called and collected the car on the 6th of February.

I received a letter yesterday stating that the car was free of damage but that I still owed my payment that was due on the 1st of February, I called them this morning and they explained that because my agreement was taken out on the 13th of the month, my payment was actually due on the 13th of January but they had agreed that my payments could be taken from my account on the 1st of the following month.

My question is, are they right? I was under the assumption that because id paid over 50%, kept the car in good order and didn't have any overdue payments that I could walk away without making any further payments as per the wording on my original contract?

I would like to know as I don't want non payment of this amount to effect my credit file, but at the same time I don't want to pay more than I have to.

BTW I have raised a complaint with them about it.

Thanks

BP
    Tags: None

Did you require the 'extra' February payment to get you to the 50% mark?
    Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

No I was already over

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X