• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP vt question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP vt question

i have a car bought in August 16
    78000 value with 1k deposit into the car
    I pay 1220 a month on the car, when would I be potentially able to VT?
    settlement is currently 60500
    cheers
    Tags: None

5.9apr

Comment

Hi Oli

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM. There will be a box in the contract usually at the front of the document which says "TERMINATION: YOUR RIGHTS" that will tell you the amount you have to meet. Assuming £78k is the all in value including interest and other one off payments, then its 50% of that which is £39k less your deposit will mean £38k.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob

just had a look I thought it was PCP however it’s an unregulated HP agreement with blackhorse

does this waive any VT ?

Comment

You'd probably have to upload the contract and the terms so I can actually see the contents. From memory, the FCA took over the regulation of consumer credit and the CCA in general. There used to be a financial limit of £25,000 and anything under was considered to be a regulated agreement however, that financial limit was removed some time ago.

Anyway, I've had a quick scan and the relevant provisions for regulated and unregulated agreements are contained in the FSMA 2000 (Regulated Activities Order) 2001, as amended. Rather than set out all of the exemptions, I've attached Article 60H which sets out the criteria for complying with an exempt agreement for High Net Worth Borrowers. Have a read of it and you will need to confirm whether it complies or not. If it doesn't then it would not be an exempt agreement and therefore a regulated one.

Any questions let me know.

Attached Files
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Oli

The declaration statement for businesses and so the statement looks to appear the same as Appendix 1.4.8 of the FCA CONC Handbook. Was the purchase done for personal or business? Did the sales person know or have suspicion that it was for personal use and not business use - is there any evidence to back up that story?

Article 60C relates to business exemption, which I have attached and again is very similar to Article 60H above. I would point out paragraph 5 where it says that the agreement is not exempt if the lender or someone on behalf of the lender and in connection with the agreement, knows or has reasonable suspicion that the agreement is not predominantly for business purpose. If that situation applies then it will be a regulated agreement and the VT provisions will apply.

Attached Files
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi rob

i had a car which was stolen in my personal name and then was Sold when I received back, and when applying for New finance was told it should be done in company name as finance probably wouldn’t pass in my personal again as such a large loan when other wouldn’t have cleared off my credit rating in time.

we did it in business name, however every payment has been taken against my directors loan account and I use the car for personal miles now and commuting to and from work. I have a secondary car at work solely for work purposes as all branded up.

what do you recommend

Comment

Well if you had intended to take it out in your personal name but were told that you should take it in the name of the business instead, that might imply that the agreement was not predominantly for business purposes and therefore paragraph 6 of Article 60C above is engaged. In other words, the agreement is not presumed to have been entered into for business purposes and it would be up to Audi to show otherwise. If they can't then it would become a regulated agreement and the right to VT would exist.

The difficulty you might have is proving your case. I would imagine that you have to show that there was some evidence to give reasonable suspicion that it was not entered into for business purposes. For example, if you had a witness with you at the time these discussions were had or if you got something in writing to that effect then that would shift the burden of proof to Audi to prove otherwise.

Give the financial value of the agreement, this is not a decision which should be taken lightly and I would suggest you seek some independent legal advice. I would expect Audi to put up a fight particularly if there is no solid evidence to support your case. There may be an arguable point that, you having paid from your director's loan account could be inferred that it was not predominantly for business purposes, but only a court would be able to make that decision.

I know it sounds quite obvious in hindsight, but whenever in doubt or if something doesn't seem to be right, it's always best to get any questions put in writing so you have the evidence to back up your story should something go wrong in the future. Obviously in the heat of the moment, you don't think about that but it is crucial. Also, if you believe there is documentation which indicates any particular reason or purpose for the vehicle suggesting personal rather than business use might be of assistance. I would probably suggest making a subject access request rather rather than being direct and arousing suspicion.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X