• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA Automotive Services & Mannheim Auctions - Voluntary Termination Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Automotive Services & Mannheim Auctions - Voluntary Termination Tips

Hi all,

Hope you're well!

I'm hoping you can help and offer some advice.

I've just started the process to voluntarily terminate my Fiat 500 with FCA Automotive Services.

I just wanted to ask anyone if they had any tips as I have never done this before and looking at peoples stories it looks like they try and take you to cleaners.

I have paid to take myself to the 50% point to voluntary terminate as my vehicle is vastly depreciating and I wanted to get out of it immediately.

This has all been done and I've arranged to drop my vehicle with Mannheim Auctions to avoid the £70 charge.

I'm 13,133 miles over my allowance so I will have to pay the excess mileage charges at 6p per mile. Is there any way to get out of this? I'm guessing not but thought it would be worth an ask.

I'm dropping my vehicle off at Mannheim in the next week and just wondered if you have any tips in order to make this as painless as possible.

They have sent over the ware and tear guide which I have read in detail.

Other than a few scuffs on the alloys, a new tyre and little bit or corrosion on the back window I don't see any damage.

Has anyone dealt with this auction house before or have any tips?

Any advise would be extremely appreciated.

Many thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: FCA Automotive Services & Mannheim Auctions - Voluntary Termination Tips

You'll find a lot of VT threads on here, suggest you read them.

I'm far from being an expert but there is a school of thought that the act says you can terminate at 50% and nothing else is owed as the mileage was not due then. Look round for the arguments

Comment

Thank you for this.

I've been having a look around but will see if I can find them.

Many thanks!

Comment

If anyone needs help on this matter I would start by reading this thread:

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights

@R0b thanks for your tips!I will follow this to the letter and let you know how I get on.

From your thread it is clear that excess mileage legislation is in the consumers favour but Fiat may come after me for it.

Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X