• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA Appeal help/advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA Appeal help/advice

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on where I stand with a POPLA appeal. I received a Parking Charge Notice on 17 August 2015. I had used the Ringo app for my week long stay at about 8am (I do this one Monday every month at the same time), the confirmation screen appeared and I closed the app and forgot about it. At about 2pm that day I was checking my emails and noticed I didn't have my VAT receipt through, checked the app and had no live session, I put the payment through again and when I returned to my car I had received a Parking Charge Notice. I contacted RingGo and got a very vague response about occasional connection problems and told that I would need to appeal to NCP as the notice had been issued by them.

I called NCP before appealing and was told they would be unlikely to accept it without proof. However the only way I could have had proof was to screenshot the confirmation message on the app, which I did not do as obviously didn't expect any problems. I have checked and my 8am payment was not processed so it does appear to be a connection problem as RingGo said. RingGo only began to send me VAT receipts in June of this year after i requested them so not receiving the email didn't cause alarm bells initially. My appeal was rejected with the below response
    "Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice number. We have considered the case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds;
    At the time of issue, the Parking Attendant could not find details of a payment made by our Cashless Payment Service.
    We have searched for using this system, and although you had made a payment, the Parking Charge Notice had already been issued"
    I'm not even sure what to say in the POPLA appeal letter as I have never had to do one before. Do I send them the same thing as in my original appeal?
    Sorry for all the info I just don't know what is helpful to know when giving advice.

Thanks all
    Tags: None

Re: POPLA Appeal help/advice

You do need to appeal in a specific kind of way for popla appeals. Some examples found http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/....php?386-POPLA and http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ccessful-Cases

However the timing is such that you are caught in the transition of popla from London Councils to Ombudsman Services Limited. http://www.popla.org.uk/update.htm

What you need to do is register your intent to appeal and await a notification to appeal at which time i'll sort one for you.

M1

Comment

Thank you for this, really appreciate it. I'll register now

Comment

I have registered and received my email to register my appeal

Comment

I have a few to do now so hopefully this weekend i'll get them all done.

M1

Comment

Brilliant, thank you

Comment

Hi just wondering how it was going?

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

You are on the list but i'm unsure of your deadline ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

You are on the list but i'm unsure of your deadline ?

M1
                  Sorry i wasn't aware of that thread I had just gone by your previous post, I just had a mini panic. My deadline is 16th of October

Comment

Originally posted by unknownn View Post
                    Sorry i wasn't aware of that thread I had just gone by your previous post, I just had a mini panic. My deadline is 16th of October
                    Cheers. I did tag you so you should have had a notification but never mind.

M1

Comment

unknownpopla.rtf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

That explains entering a popla appeal quite well.

You only get one shot so enter everything at once. You may need to convert to pdf, i'm not sure on that.

M1

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X