• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Smart Parking at Fistral Beach - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Smart Parking at Fistral Beach - won

Hi,

Got the PCN through the door this morning, no ticket on windscreen issued.

Background story is we drove in, never exited the vehicle, decided we didn't want to stay as charges were excessive and nothing to do there, re-programmed satnav to take us elsewhere and left the car park.

Time in ******* and time out ******* so 13 mins and a second.

Having read this forum should i appeal with the following :-

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not wish to enter into a contract after thoroughly reading your terms and conditions and opted to leave immidiately.

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code.

Yours sincerely

Any assistance or advice much appreciated.
    Last edited by GeorgeFormby; 3rd October 2016, 13:48:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Another Smart Parking at Fistral Beach

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not wish to enter into a contract after thoroughly reading your terms and conditions and opted to leave immediately. I note from the code of practice that a grace period on entry and a minimum 10 minutes on exit are required which should more than cover the time taken for this given how busy the car park is.

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Yours sincerely

M1

Comment

Many thanks Mystery1.

The car park did only have around 20 cars in it though, was almost empty. Assume they would know this through amount of tickets paid and issued?

Still a valid argument?

Thanks again.

Comment

From what i hear, that's unusual.

Delete "given how busy the car park is."

M1

Comment

Have sent them:-

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not wish to enter into a contract after thoroughly reading your terms and conditions and opted to leave immediately. I note from the code of practice that a grace period on entry and a minimum 10 minutes on exit are required which should more than cover the time taken for this given the locations of signage and how busy the car park normally is.

Yours sincerely

GeorgeFormby

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks again.

Yes it was only last week and out of season. We were surprised how empty it was too!

Much appreciated and i'll let you know how i get on.

Comment

Communication from Smart Parking:-

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for your recent communication received.

I have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.

If i can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely
            Smart Parking Ltd.

Many thanks to Mystery1 and the forum!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X