• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Won ** Set aside CCJ help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set aside CCJ help!

Hey, it's OK. I didn't want to push you so wondered if I could use that instead.

It's just awkward where all I know is that there was a claim and it was for parking....

- - - Updated - - -

just double checked the company on companies house...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08855263

dissolved as of 21st March this year...

Do I even need a defence?

Can I just say to the judge that they're dissolved now so you might as well dismiss this claim?

Comment

I knew that but there should be someone collecting the money to pay any creditors. A liquidator or perhaps the "debt" was assigned and they never sent a letter of assignment to you.

M1

Comment

Does the fact that they're dissolved help me at all you think?

Comment

The claim was not served properly. The claimant knew that I was at xxxxxx and indeed launched another claim for a different ticket at that address which was current at that time and lodged the case we are dealing with now at an old address. Obviously this was not the “last known address”.

The claimant claims that the “debt” was assigned. The claimant only had 87.5% assigned to it and the assignment was not in accordance with the law of property act 1925. It was also the assignment of a right to litigate and should fail due to champerty and maintenance.

The claimant has no proof of who was driving and it is unrealistic for anyone to remember an unremarkable journey from 6 years ago (or indeed 4 years ago if it had been at the time of claim). There was no keeper liability then and without proof of who was driving no valid claim can succeed.

The parking company did not have large, prominent and legible signs sufficient to make a contract. Without such there is no contract. Parking Eye v Beavis 2015 Further it was not the parking company M.O. to have signage creating a contract at that time.

I don't think you need an actual full blown wordy defence just enough to show you you can win which the above does. If the Judge is happy that service was bad, which it appears to be, you should have no issues. Take any proof of this with you.

The worst thing about the liquidation is that the chances of getting the court fees back are pretty much none existent.

M1

Comment

Thank you for this. This will be very useful. With the bit about them knowing where I was. The other claim I fought was against CEL, this one is DEAL... Can I still use that line?

Thanks again.

Comment

To all intents and purposes they were the same company. Go through your paperwork and link the names/addresses and those of CEL https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...45677/officers to show as much.

Also check the date of assignment (if possible) and compare that to the other claim.

M1

Comment

Thanks,

I don't have the date of assignment of the current claim but just checking the details the court gave me the address is the same one for CEL when I was dealing with them.

I think I'm safe to leave that line in then. Thanks again M1, really, I can't thank you enough.

Comment

I've adapted that first line slightly to include the other claim number and the fact that that claim was a year earlier then this one. Do you think this is a good idea?

The claim was not served properly. The claimant knew that I was at xxxxxx, and indeed launched another claim a year earlier for a different ticket (OTHER CLAIM NO) at that address which was current at that time and lodged the case we are dealing with now at an old address. Obviously this was not the “last known address”.

Comment

Well if you didn't get a letter of assignment

The claimant claims that the “debt” was assigned but i never received a notice of assignment. The claimant appears to only have had 87.5% assigned to it when looking at their normal assignment letters which are easily found on the internet and the assignment was not in accordance with the law of property act 1925 anyway. It was also the assignment of a right to litigate and should fail due to champerty and maintenance.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-made-bad.html

M1

Comment

Great thank you. I've updated that part of my draft defence to take with me.

Comment

Does this seem OK?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Should be fine and certainly shows "(a) the defendant has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim; or"

M1

Comment

Fantastic!

Thanks again.

I'll be back soon with some hopefully amazing news then

Comment

So the judge set aside my claim. But she wasn't overly happy about my arguments. I thought she wasn't going to do it.

She's ordered that i have 28 days to file and serve a defence and given me a copy of the original claim.

So now i need to get a proper defence sorted.

Thanks to all so far.

Comment

Remove personal info and post it up.

I wouldn't think a proper liquidator would send anyone to a hearing given there is no financial gain for them. Interesting.

What was she unhappy with ? Or did she just not like you/your case in general ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X