• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Won ** Set aside CCJ help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set aside CCJ help!

Cheers.

No I'm not meaning to use my old defence. What I mean is I've said in my witness statement that I have previously successfully defended a PCN claim using the attached statement of defence. As proof that I would not have ignored the claim. Or does that seem confusing? Should I just mention that I defended the claim and then put a draft defence of the new claim?

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't put it in as that could be explained on the day in court if necessary. Keep strictly to the facts for the case at hand rather than deviate off, but again it is up to you.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

OK thanks.

Same with a draft defence too? As I don't actually know the facts yet i feel any defence at this stage would be weak.

Comment

I would say so yes, that's why when you provide an order, if using similar to the one provided on another thread, says that you file a defence once you are in receipt of the claim form and particulars.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So the only bit of "evidence" as it were is my change of name deed. Everything else is just in my witness statement...

Man I'm so nervous about this working.

Comment

OK so I've printed everything off, signed it all and when I get home I'll add in my change on name deed and cheque for the court fee...

Hopefully I'll be able to report back soon with some good news.

Comment

Take a look at these cases. As yours is a bit of an unknown it might be a bit "here is a defence i could have".

Do the signs create a contract at all ?

http://nebula.wsimg.com/b84a6ffd1e35...&alloworigin=1

http://nebula.wsimg.com/c8348f3d7a15...&alloworigin=1

Are the signs clear and legible ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...r-signage.html

Were you the driver or merely the registered keeper ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ladstoned.html CEL did not use protection of freedom compliant notice to keepers so only a driver could be liable.

Print them off so the judge can have a read. If the judge is minded to set aside and not dismiss the claim ask that the particulars of claim comply with cpr 16 and at least 14 days to file a defence.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  Take a look at these cases. As yours is a bit of an unknown it might be a bit "here is a defence i could have".

Do the signs create a contract at all ?

http://nebula.wsimg.com/b84a6ffd1e35...&alloworigin=1

http://nebula.wsimg.com/c8348f3d7a15...&alloworigin=1

Are the signs clear and legible ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...r-signage.html

Were you the driver or merely the registered keeper ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ladstoned.html CEL did not use protection of freedom compliant notice to keepers so only a driver could be liable.

Print them off so the judge can have a read. If the judge is minded to set aside and not dismiss the claim ask that the particulars of claim comply with cpr 16 and at least 14 days to file a defence.

M1
                  Hi thanks!

I've sent the application off now but will print these bits off for my court date (should I get it). I'm hoping to find out something later on this week so will keep you guys updated on how it's going.

Can't thank you all enough for your help so far though!

Comment

my application has been processed and is now with a judge closer to my house who's viewing it. Fingers crossed I'll find out soon what's going on.

Comment

Just wanted to give a bit of an update on this. It's been messy so far. The courts still had the wrong address for me even though I'd told them that I'd moved (hence the application I'm making in the first place!). Then they booked a hearing for me at a court I couldn't easily get too without telling me.... I've finally managed to get everything sorted out and have a hearing on the 7th April at my local court. I'm looking forward to it and to hopefully getting this sorted out finally.

I'm guessing all I need to take with me is the pack of docs I originally sent of (plus an extra copy for the judge) and any extra evidence that might help to prove that I could successfully defend the case in question?

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] do you think you might be able to help me out with some form of defence too? I'm a bit concerned about the fact that things have changed a bit because of this Beavis case. Obviously I should be able to still argue (because of the date of the claim) that DEAL cannot simply claim against me (the vehicle owner). But a lot of my old defence statements wont work any more.... I'm thinking wtf!

Comment

Originally posted by jameslsmith85 View Post
                          [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] do you think you might be able to help me out with some form of defence too? I'm a bit concerned about the fact that things have changed a bit because of this Beavis case. Obviously I should be able to still argue (because of the date of the claim) that DEAL cannot simply claim against me (the vehicle owner). But a lot of my old defence statements wont work any more.... I'm thinking wtf!
                          Yes, if you weren't the driver they'll have a huge problem as CEL did not.

I'll get back to you.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            Yes, if you weren't the driver they'll have a huge problem as CEL did not.

I'll get back to you.

M1
                            Thank you. Really appreciate it. This forum is incredible, more people should know about this place!

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Just thinking about this defence, or a possible defence anyway. I'd like to take something with me on Friday but without knowing the particulars of the actual claim I'm not sure what I can do. Do you think I might be able to edit the statement you posted up in http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ng-fines/page1 but tweak it a little (add in about the date meaning they need to proove the driver etc) and say to the judge that once I know the particulars of the claim this is the defence template I'll be using?

Comment

Sorry i haven't done this yet but i will.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X