• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Received from BW Legal originating from Excel Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Form Received from BW Legal originating from Excel Parking Services

Wait until you have to reply. They probably won't send it anyway.

M1

Comment

Not received PCN yet but Excel have sent a counter offer of £160. Do I need to respond or do I just wait for the hearing

Comment

Personal choice. Hopefully means they are getting ready to abandon ship. Certainly means that with a Gladstones claim.

M1

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately I received a copy of the PCN on Friday (attached). However it was addressed to my previous address which is why I haven't seen it.

Thanks

Ben
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Help Please,

My hearing is on the 24th MArch at 2pm and it says I need to submit anything refererred to in court beforehand. What is it that I should be submitting or can I just turn up and argue against the claim?

Many Thanks

Ben

Comment

Have Excel sent anything to you ?

You need a witness statement which includes the fact you were not the driver.

You need a copy of PoFA 2012 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted

A copy of http://popla.co.uk/docs/default-sour...5.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Page 15

However keeper information is obtained, there is no ‘reasonable presumption’ in
              law that the registered keeper of a vehicle is the driver. Operators should never
              suggest anything of the sort. Further, a failure by the recipient of a notice issued
              under Schedule 4 to name the driver, does not of itself mean that the recipient
              has accepted that they were the driver at the material time. Unlike, for example,
              a Notice of Intended Prosecution where details of the driver of a vehicle must
              be supplied when requested by the police, pursuant to Section 172 of the Road
              Traffic Act 1988, a keeper sent a Schedule 4 notice has no legal obligation to
              name the driver. Any evidence in this regard may therefore be highly relevant.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/ab774da5f40c...&alloworigin=1

That case needs printed, read and understood. It is on point and persuasive.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X