• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN's and CCJ for a car that doesn't belong to me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN's and CCJ for a car that doesn't belong to me!

Hello

I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who is not too great with technology! They run a small business and for the last couple of months have been receiving PCN's for 2 different notice dates and most recently a CCJ for another notice period and for a different Council area. During this time she has replied stating that the car is nothing to do with her or her address. The notices and CCJ themselves are addressed to a completely different company (which on searching the internet we cannot find a company by that name anywhere!)
    Regardless of her either returning to sender unopened or one's she has opened being sent the reply of not at this address they have still kept coming, particularly worrying is the CCJ.

So, on all paperwork is a name of a company not attached to this address, no actual name of any individual, no date of birth, nothing at all except the address (of which does not include Ltd, her company is a Ltd company). I am of the belief that a CCJ can not be put on an address. Does she continue to return to sender from now on as any attempt to reply has appeared completely fruitless! What appears to have happened is that someone has registered this car (I don't know how?) at her address and is accumulating parking tickets at will! Her main worry is that bailiffs may come whilst her business is open and this will be witnessed by customers.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Zoe
    Tags: None

Re: PCN's and CCJ for a car that doesn't belong to me!

PCN as in a private parking charge or a council penalty charge ?

CCJ as in an actual judgement or just a claim form ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1, thanks for reply.

There are actually 3 separate ones! 1 is a PCN from private for 2 different PCN issue dates. Received Notice to Owner then Charge Certificate for both dates. Received From City of Stoke-on-Trent.
      Then there is another Notice to owner sent out twice from Walsall Council.

For both of the above she has rent replies stating that the car nor company resides at the address.

The third is a claim Form which was then followed by a 'CCJ'. The claimant being Euro Parking Services Ltd which I believe to be a private parking company?

Hard to make too much sense of it all as some have been returned to sender without being opened!

Zoe
      Last edited by snowy1981; 24th November 2016, 16:27:PM.

Comment

Council - I know nothing.

Private - Who, what stage ?

CCJ - Is it listed in the wrong company ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1, thanks for reply.

There are actually 3 separate ones! 1 is a PCN from private for 2 different PCN issue dates. Received Notice to Owner then Charge Certificate for both dates. Received From City of Stoke-on-Trent.
          Then there is another Notice to owner sent out twice from Walsall Council.

For both of the above she has rent replies stating that the car nor company resides at the address.

The third is a claim Form which was then followed by a 'CCJ'. The claimant being Euro Parking Services Ltd which I believe to be a private parking company?

Hard to make too much sense of it all as some have been returned to sender without being opened!

Zoe

Comment

If it is all in the wrong name, the right name with the wrong address, or just plain old fraudulent name and address, has a complaint been made to the police ? It sounds like someone is using their details ?

M1

Comment

Hi

Yes, I've not really thought about it like that! It would count as fraud as whoever has registered the car has done so to the wrong the address and is now accumulating debt to said address. I will have to look into how to log this with the police.

Zoe

Comment

Hmmmm, have just been on another site where someone reported their address being used and had 20 parking tickets sent to them, the police did'nt want to know and actually said they had acted fraudulently in opening the post not addressed to them!! Seems you can't win!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X