• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye CCJ - Set aside ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye CCJ - Set aside ?

I just followed the advice laid out in the first reply. I thought it made sense that once it was all paid and squared up then it would look better to have it removed. I will just not mention that on the n244 if you think it's best but won't it CCJ become satisfied anyway so they will know.

Comment

I never noticed that. Not saying it won't work, just it's better to wait, IMO.

M1

Comment

Just phoned the court to pay my £100 befor I send off the N244 form and the woman on the phone said I can't pay the £100 because the judgement has been done so I'd have to pay the full £255 and go all the way to Northampton!

Is thus right or did I get someone one the phone who was wrong?

Comment

An application without a hearing is £100. However, https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-family-court lists a set aside as £255 and directly below "By consent or without notice where no other fee is specified £100". I have often wondered whether this means all set asides are £255 regardless or whether a consented one would in fact be only £100. Others seem to have paid only £100.

Having said that, it is not unheard of for the court staff to be horrendously wrong. I'd phone back and hope operator 2 differs and stress "without a hearing" to see how it goes.

M1

Comment

Yeah I called back and eventually got through to someone who agreed with me, we'll us. So now to send the N244 away and wait.
            Thanks for all the help I'll keep this up dated

Comment

Update : Received the documents back from the court. The Tomlin order needs to be changed to include "by consent".

So I'll have to re-type it and send it back to parking eye to be signed. So that will be another few weeks before I can re submit.

Comment

Hello Joe_max99.

I'm currently in a similar position and about to send my consented form off with my n244 to get my judgement set aside. I'm worried my consent isn't worded correctly.. can you shed some light on where abouts it needs to say "by consent"?

Thanks so much,

Matt

Comment

Hi Ovel,
                  I've followed your advice quite thoroughly as I'm in a very similar situation. I have obtained a signed Tomlin order from parking eye and currently filling in my n244 form. Can I ask advice on which parts and how to do this in my current situation? (With signed consent form) I'm unsure how to approach the witness statement part. Is this where I explain my circumstances as to why I couldn't contest the court order in the first place? Also is this where I explain that both parties have consented?

Any help is massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] can you advise if [MENTION=71696]ovel[/MENTION] doesn't ?

M1

Comment

Thanks! I've followed overs instructions regarding the n244 form and used the tomlin order also which I think was provided by junglist_matty. Both of which have been successful. My only concern is that ovel hasn't given any reason in the witness statement box other than mentioning the consent form and also joe_max has had his consent form rejected due to a discrepancy in the wording.

If my appeal to set aside judgment isn't successful on any of these grounds will I be allowed to resubmit after having altered whatever the problem is?

Thanks for all the amazing help!

Matt

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been following this post over the past month and since I have found out (after being refused a mortgage) that I have also got a ccj, all thanks to parkingeye! I did not receive parking eyes correspondence because although I informed the dvla of change in address I didn't complete the V5C log book- so my car was still registered at old address

Anyway, as I mentioned I have been following this post and I am going to try to set aside with consent, I have the completed and signed Tomlin order back from Parking EYE and have now finished my draft n244 form (many thanks to ovel!)

My main question (and sorry if its a stupid one!!), is do I have to fill anything out in section 8 & 9- where it asks what level of judge this would require? Or should I leave blank?

Many thanks in advance and I would love to hear any updates from joe_max99 and MattBerry!

Thanks again

Jenny

Comment

Hello everyone,

Have read this thread with much interest, and am very happy for its existence. I've started out by following Ovel's comprehensive strategy; so I've sent an initial email to the enforcement team stating the reasons for why the default ccj was given to me without my knowledge, followed by a paragraph explaining that I do not wish to contend the outstanding amount (£177 in my case), finishing up with a request to set aside the ccj via a consent order drafted by myself (although it will actually be the template consent order provided by Ovel), agreeing to pay the fine upon receiving a completed consent order from them.

I immediately received a generic email from ParkingEye, explaining that they have received my email, and endeavour to give me a response within 10 working days. So I now have my fingers crossed and am waiting for their response.

In the meantime I have drafted a covering letter to accompany the consent order, I've also filled in the consent/tomlin order (bar the dates) and the N244. I did all of this while it is fresh in my mind, and to save myself a bit of time as I travel through this process.

I'll post up my progress as I go, and if there are any caveats I happen upon, I'll share them to help smooth the way for anybody going through this process after me.

Jim

Comment

Hello,

I am in a very similar position to everyone described above following a CCJ from a Parking Eye ticket at Sunderland Eye Infirmary (doing some digging on the sites looks like a lot of people have had issues at Sunderland Eye Infirmary).

I did not receive any information from the Northampton Business Court about the CCJ or the court hearing, the first I knew was a letter from PE with the information on.

I then asked Parking Eye to confirm arrangements for the payment within 28 days (CCJ issued on 20th November 2018, first correspondence from PE regarding CCJ was on 27th November - 2 weeks to get response from PE...so was already well into my 28 days by then).

So basically I have the CCJ and I am look to get it set aside by consent.

So far -

Have contacted PE asking for approval to Set Aside by Consent.
                            Have contacted Sunderland Eye Infirmary informing them of my plans and asking if they have any advice.

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the Consent Form that was in a previous post from ovel as it won't download on mine?

This whole thing is making me extremely worried - never had anything like this before! If PE agree to the Set Aside by Consent is there usually a good success rate with the judges as the debt is paid any both parties are satisfied?

Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Hope the post is still live.

Comment

I was only able to download them after logging in, so they do appear there still. Even so, if you - or others - are having probs getting the files I used, then I have put them here for you to see.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...n674JluIXkcBQ8

I think you should be able to download from there. let me know if there are any problems. It was a while ago, so you may want to make sure that there arent any new N244 forms or something, or confirm the process with the relevant court, but get on it as soon as possible, following the process outlined.

Good luck
                              Ovel

Comment

ovel you are a hero! Managed to download both from that link.

Once i have the Consent from Parking Eye I may be back in touch regarding advice with the N244 form - that is the scary bit for me.

Many thanks,

H2K

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X